I masterbated 4 and a half weeks after TURP

Posted , 8 users are following.

My current condition through 4 and a half weeks has me bleeding minimally but havent seen blood for about 3 days. I am still not emptying bladder in one shot but notice improvement. About a week ago i did start having a minor pain at the end of urinating, it comes and goes. Physically I feel fine and today decided to masterbate. The process was successful but felt some very minor discomfort as I ejaculated and the desire wasnt as intense as before TURP. Of course right now fear of the unknown may be playing tricks on my psyche. Has anyone had a similar experience on initial sex or masterbation after TURP?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, same thing, it shuts off sphincter to bladder or something and your bladder can not empty. I was in pain. Eventually the pain went away, I urinated on myself while walking.  It will go back to normal.
  • Edited

The climax is not as intense, not the same.  Also the initial desire to want to urinate is weak, not a strong feeling, a weak impulse, but when I am in the bathroom I urinate ok.  The sensation to want to urinate is very weak and different. But nonetheless it is there. Hope that helps.
  • Posted

Hi Paul, I'm curious, did your uro actually save your ejaculatory function or did you just get lucky?

• Posted

I did have sex three times on my post op day #14. Had TURP on June 1, 2016 and had sex 3x on June 15, 2016. Everything works perfectly fine with just st RE but adventage as in recovery time between orgasams. Recovery time wS way shorter and I was not feeling tired Swith having normal ejaculation. 

I was losting longer with shorter recovery times between orgasams. 

But it did not lost long. TURP discovered prostate Ca and soon after I as on downhill with all what goes with prostate Ca.

MK

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis MK51151. How advanced is it? How are you treating it? 
  • Edited

Well it's now 2021 and I had TURP 10 days ago. I am hotter than pistol right now. A new lady is sending me some suggestive photos and video. For day 6,7,8,9 these created very painful half erections (i sill have a catheter in). I asked my doc a few days ago about sex and he said no - too soon. Maybe in a few weeks. Of course I am looking for an ok on the internet or someone with experience re: masturbating to let off the pressure at last. I wil ask my Uro tomorrow about just maturbation as she is comingthis weekend and I am going to give her a tongue lashing. That's going to make for some pressure build up. I found a post on another site where someone said they mastrubated 4 days after TURP. They were quite scared that they may have done something to damage themselves and the doc said 4 weeks to him. Today I masturbated and just as I was coming I felt a little burning in my prostate area so I dialed it back in time and didnt have a full orgams. I may have shot something into my bladder as you do with retrograde ejaculation. I will be watching the bag tonight to see if some sperm comes mixed with urine The minor burning in m,y prostate worried me of course but it's gone shortly after.....My urologist will have to field my masturbatino questions tomorrow. I think he think i meant real sex. I get my catheter out on Monday (day 14-I had a complication and we had to sew up a perforation in my bladder wall). Anyone else have an experience?

• Posted

I masturbated 2 weeks after because they said it was OK but I found it was too early. I did it a week later and it felt better. That said, at week 4 I did it 2 times and it hurt and started my having some pain at the end of my pee, more urinary frequency (irritation or something else?). i am peeing on uti strips and it shows leukocytes (wbc's inflammation or infection, prob inflammation). I would wait at least 3 weeks and maybe 4 to 5. I haven't had much libido but after masturbating it seems my body asks for it the next day and it takes ignoring that and eventually I go back to not wanting it. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Very sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis Paul. Thank for starting this thread, it was the first time I found TURP patients talking about things relating to myself.

allan16518 - I can't believe you are masturbating with a catheter still on. Go easy on yourself, you're not giving your body a chance to heal.

It seems the retrograde ejaculation is just a fact of life we have to get used to somehow, strange and unpleasant as it may feel, part of that is psychological, we are used to the idea of having to "empty" ourselves through sex or masturbation, which gives relief. When the sperm is going back into the bladder, because our inner urethral sphincter isn't working any more, it just feels different, because we aren't getting that sense of "emptying". We have to adapt our minds to not expect that, and if we aren't desperate to have babies, try to think about sex differently.

For me, Im finding that the triggers to sexual thoughts are leading like dominoes to the need to masturbate, so trying to avoid those triggers can help. Also, the penis itself is still full of sensation, all the way leading up to orgasm is fine, just the orgasm is very weak in intensity, almost feels like no orgasm, but my surgeon says it's because it's only 3 weeks since my op, and it's still swollen down there, to have patience. Also having some slight pain at the end of urination, but that's normal too I hear, because of the bruising during the surgery and the catheter etc.

• Posted

It's been 4 weeks for me and I tried masturbation at 2 weeks and I think it was too soon. Felt pretty altered afterwards, compared to this week at 4 weeks.

I also started to getting pain at the end of urination. Does anyone know what that's from? Does it go away? I may start a thread on just that to get more answers. Thx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.