hi out there. can someone tell me the most effective drug or medicine for prostate gland enlargement

Posted , 3 users are following.

At present i am taking finasteride 5mg and ciprofloxacin 500mgas an antibiotic since i am also feeling acute pain when passing out urine. Anything better than finasteride and ciprofloxacin as an antibiotic. Plse assist.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Finasteride is very good for getting the bladder to go smaller.  Never took that one.  But in  2015 I had a prostate infection my urologist put me on ciprofloxacin 1000mg for a month.  It made my prostate smaller don't know why.  I had a urolift done in April of 2015.  I was find until I got the infection and took the ciprofloxacin with it making it smaller I had to have a repair done one of the implants got loose.  But all is good now.  Take care  Ken 

• Posted

The antibiotic you take was the same that they asked me to take for 5 days after my urolift procedure.  Before that procedure I was on 1 capsule of tamsulosin (flomax generic) daily.  This alpha blocker was a bad choice for me.  It took me months to realize it.  I like to jog and exercise and this med made it hard to do both.  However, It works for others so make sure you research it.  My flow was not improved with this medicine.  But, others have had different results.
    • Posted

Thats funny  I was not on any meds after I had mine  And had no problem  Take careKen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.