neuralgia need advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

i suffer from neuralgia, burning , numbness, pins and needles  on the right part on the face and behind the skull...heavy sensation, but the most distressful is my eye , a strange pain but the vision seems altered and light sensitivity , makes me nauseous and dizzy, please I need an advice , what I can to ease those sensations apart taing meds, I just want my eye back to normal , i wait for MRI and opthalmo but doubt the will help me...just want this to go out, is there someone thing to do for my eye ? thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i have this everyday 24h/24h, just in the dark , laying
    • Posted

I had symptoms that began like this a couple of years ago. I had this pain in my eye that was excruciating and numbness and tingling in my face. I ended up having double vision and dizziness and terrible pain & pressure in my head. When I looked around everything looked strange. But then I had ascending numbness and weakness that began several days later in the rest of my body. Ends up my neurologist thinks I had the Miller Fisher Variant of Guillain Barre Syndrome. I had six MRIs though and lots of tests to rule out other things.

There are physical therapists who specialize in balance and vestibular problems. I saw someone who worked with me with exercises to fix my vision and balance problems. 

Have you seen anyone about it yet?

• Posted

How long have you had your symptoms? 
    • Posted

began one month ago severe, before it had the feeling for one year ,, a real discomfort but now awful
  • Posted

Sure hope you can find out what is causing this! 

• Posted

are you improving with your eyes? and feelings? i stil feel strange feeling in my eye like it is like plastic and pins and needles......nothing is helping......just have to wait an MRI in two months....i am sure they will see nothing. i do vestibular rehab but nothing for this issue...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.