Worried about lymphoma paul bunnell test said mono

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 19 year old male. It all started mid September I got puffy eyes and started to feel ill. I had a soar throat no white bits and no swollen neck glands. The doctor said she thinks it is glandular fever and a positive paul bunnell test confirmed this but also I had slightly raised B lymphocytes and atypical lymphocytes and something to do with liver.

I had pain whilst walking burning right pain in my leg, felt apain around and my right leg like a sharp burning pain. felt my groin and lo and behold 2 swollen lymph nodes. I think they were a little soar at the time. it is now November and I am having massive headaches and dizziness shortness of breath mild but constant and sinus pressure and coughing up mucus. my bowel movements are also seem a little weak and feel like I'm constantly being infected. The groin nodes are still there painless but have not got bigger in size well maybe because I constantly prod them and poke them I aggitate them. but doc felt them 2 weeks ago and said they felt pretty benign. I am beside myself with depression worry and stress that the docs have it wrong and it's a. Lymphoma. I don't feel any better and the symptoms are ever changing. I also had a ultrasound on my kidneys due to high blood pressure and at the same time he scanned my liver gall bladder and pancrease all perfect. I forever seeking confirmation I have been in tears a lot and cannot stop googling and I am not sleeping well at all

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Dan, I was diagnosed with glandular fever in December last year and am still suffering. A pot of the symptoms you talk about seem pretty common with glandular fever, and I have some myself. My glands in my groin haven't been big the whole time, but the ones in my neck have and do get sore at times too. I am also out of breath more often than not. I've also had dizziness. Although none of these symptoms are nice, they all sounds similar to what I have, apart from the swollen glands in the groin (although I wouldn't know how to check them to be honest).

I'm pretty sure you're absolutely fine, it's just that it's such a weird and horrible disease.

• Posted

Thank you for the reassuring words and for helping people on this forum. I am sorry I didn't reply earlier as I wasn't notified of it.

• Posted

How r u doing Dan? 
    • Posted

Much improved Gee thanks for asking. I still do suffer from fatigue from time to time and fuzzy brain which I think can be attributed to the GF. I like to stay reasonably active on this forum and give people advice. How are you?
    • Posted

Wow Dan thank you so much for responding!

I'm feeling lightheaded and drunk. And the area above my eyes is still swollen. Sixth month here ugh. 

I'm sorry you're still 4 years later experiencing some fatigue and brainfog. 

Are your total blood count and liver enzymes in normal ranges?

• Posted

Hi dan,

How long did it take before you were feeling normal again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.