Besides the cough has anyone's eyes and scalp itched since taking ramipril? I have and it is driving me nuts. I wondered if it could be connected.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took ramipril 2.5mg for 5 years with no side effects. This has only happened since it has been increased to 5mg.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The same thing has happened to me. Benn on 2.5 mgm Ramipril but increased to 5 just before Christmas and have since suffered unbelievable itching on my left shoulder, can back of my neck. Seeing Dr on Thursday re drug regime. Have you tried any ointments or creams?
  • Posted

No I have not tried any creams because I think ramipril Is the problem. I had my dosage increased just before christmas and I am going to give it one more week then I will go back to the doctors. Hope you get on ok on Thursday, keep us informed.
  • Posted

Thanks. Hope you improve as well. Driving of mad tonight
  • Posted

Yes, since taking this drug I have suffered likewise on and off with itching scalp and in my case, top of the

ears. However, although still "itching" it seems to be a lot better now so am hoping that eventually it will disappear.

• Posted

Yes. I itch in several paces including my scalp and sides. Also severe Vertigo. I never suspected Ramipril as I take around a dozen different tablets for various conditions. Will lay off the Ramipril and see what happens.
  • Posted

Yes, Ramipril is notorious for its side effects, especially the bad coughing and itching.  I only managed to stay on it for just under 2 weeks - it nearly drove me mad.  Definitely see your doctor and ask for something else to replace it.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has been taking it for several years, with no side effects!!

• Posted

I have found that my scalp itches like mad and there is tiny spots. I have been advised to stop taking Ramapril by the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.