Alternative medicine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I just have a question. Do you have any experience with alternative medicine?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There are hundreds of alternative medicine specialties. Many have good legitimate research to support their methods. Chiropractic and Naturopathic medicine are among the two largest alternatives that do have legitimate research for their support. Acupuncture also has some validity and has virtually no risk. Unfortunately there are many, many charletans waiting to take your money promising the world. Do more research if you are considering any medical treatment.
  • Posted

Greetings. I am in year two of treatment for Wegeners. For many years, I practiced alternative medicines for varying reasons. This disease is a very serious one. You must seek conventional medicine to attack the problem. During the course of my treatment, I have been using a few "harmless" alternatives (with the approval of the doctor). No herbs though. Since it is not known what triggers the disease, you should be very careful about what you try. I do not even use nail polish anymore because of the ingredients.

Your doctor is the one to listen to. Because the disease attacked my lungs and kidneys, I have to be extra careful what I consume.

Best of luck and stay positive!

Art deco lady

• Posted

Hai ,

Check out Ayurveda or Ayurvedic treatment from India. googled for more result ,

Regards,

Vijayan.

India.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. Actually, Dr. Deepak Chopra was my doctor so I studied Ayurvedic medicine for many years. I am trying to combine conventional with Ayurvedic.

Regards,

artdeclady

• Posted

There are varied forms of alternative therapy. I have been using Bach flower remedies for the last 17+ years. Just do a Google search to know the basics of bach system. I also help a few of my friends suggesting flower remedies combination. Of course this ca never be a substitute for regular medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.