Sertraline 100mg

Posted , 94 users are following.

Hi I've been taking sertraline 50mg for 6wks and the first 2wks were horendous side affects. I was prescribed sertraline to help me deal with panic attacks and anxiety after I had a TIA mini stroke. I've now upped my dose to 100mg and feeling much better ,my only advice is try and stick with it early on as it will get better.

19 likes, 124 replies

124 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you for your post. What side effects did you get? I am on week three and still very anxious and not Hungry. Did you find you had good days and bad days ? Glad you are getting better x
    • Posted

Hi Deb. I'm 16 years old and started taking setraline 50 mg last February. In about 2 months I will have been taking this for a year. I started off on 25 mg and I felt no difference so my doctor bumped me up to 50 mg. I myself still have up and down days. But who doesn't. It'll all get better. We just need to be positive. And I did experience for the first couple months not being hungry at all. So you're not alone on that part. Hope your feeling better.

• Edited

Hi Deb I did suffer really bad side effects when first started taking sertraline 50mg I had bad anxiety feeling depressed dry mouth agitated but it got better after about 3wks. After reading the posts on here it effects people differently, I had my dose increased after 4wks and haven't suffered any bad side affects as it's allready in my system. all I can say is I no it's hard and you mite think your getting worse but try and stick it out because I'm sure like me you will start to feel the benefits soon hope this helps Deb pls keep your chin up ok all the best Jamie.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie... I started 50mg about 2.5 weeks ago and it really made me MUCH more anxiety ridden.  Today I called my Dr and he suggested I now take 100mg.  Will this work with LITTLE side effect?  I'm worried to jump so high again.   I just want relief from the anxiety... 50mg didn't do a thing for me.

Please advise..I SOOO appreciate it smile

• Posted

Hello HopefulDee,

Im on 50mg of sertraline, and once it settled into my system I felt the syptoms of anxiety ease somewhat, without feeling i could take on the world again, but better than when anxiety grabs a hold. One stupid lesson I've learned though, is not to get druink while taking this pill. as after wards i suffer from a bad spell for about 3-5 days.

• Posted

Hi Richard. ..I totally agree with the getting drunk comments. ..I am suffering badly today ....I can have a couple of beers or wine, but anything more...it's anxiety for at 3 days
    • Edited

How much dosage are you on Annabelle ? I'm on 50mg since August 2014. And although feeling generally better, I'm tempted to up to 75mg. Feeling nervy for the last 4 days, my son's school admission results are due tomorrow so that's triggered my worrying off. But I read so many testimonials that people no longer suffer when they find the right dosage for them. That's the aim for me now.
    • Posted

Yes Richard, I am also on 50 mg and have been tempted into increasing my dosage. I had a terrible day yesterday, but that was the drink...It can the littlest thing that can spike my anxiety. ..It have been on them since Christmas. ..will need to speak to docs. ..hope you get the right results for your son
    • Posted

so even one or 2 glasses of wine would be a no no?

I haven't touched alcohol since on this medicine, but I do miss getting a bit tipsy, is it not worth it??

• Posted

Hello lattifa. By all means enjoy a glass of wine, it won't harm you. Just be aware of getting too drunk. It can cause a few days of hightened anxiety after.
    • Posted

Yes in my opinion , 1 or 2 glasses of your favourite wine will be fine. Just not every day.
    • Posted

Don't worry I've been drinking once a week in France and I've been fine, never felt better to be honest, fresh food and decent wine. It's such a different way of life here everything is slower and laid back
    • Posted

Philip how are you doing? I hope you are still well?

im doing good so far, ben thinking of trying to come off the meds as ive put on so much weight!! but way too scared lol

anyway be nice to hear ffrom you.

• Posted

I am on 100mg and still drink and feel fine, not excessively, but I don't deprive myself.

• Posted

Ohh my god I thought it was just me !! I know when I drink now my hangoner will take a few days to be exact the days you said lol I've always been a hangoner mess anyway taken an entire day to recover but the day after and day after that I feel like crap so it I drink Friday I'm not back to my self to Monday !!

• Posted

Hi I have been on 100mg of sertraline for number of years for anxiety and never had side effects.I drink and smoke living normal life .drink dosnt have effect but I have taken them for about 8 years now .I prob lose weight .the only downside for me is I miss them often so that's when I get affects like shivers in my head like a buzzing sound for a second and feeling sick.dont make that mistake just make sure u don't miss them but I guarantee if you come off meds you will definitely no about it as I have a few times over years thinking I wil be fine but I really could tell as my temper got really bad ..hope you stick on them cos they do work and I have carried on normal life and have been fine

• Posted

I had the EXSCT same thing coming off sertraline! When I skipped a few it was a horrible feeling in my head like a dizziness, kept happening. For some reason I decided to comeback off sertraline, I can't even remember why now, was having a few issues I think, but a reminder of the anxiety and a bad temper is not worth it, so having to go through all these side effects again sad when the sertraline was working I felt soooo much better: confident, chilled, didn't need much sleep also a bit wired and hyper at times, that's why I didn't think I needed it! But 100% better off on it.

• Posted

HEllo I’m not sure if you can help I was on 50mg of sertraline but doc put me up to100mg I missed a couple of days and I’ve got a bad headache and feeling dizzy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.