I have been taking 10mg felodipine daily for the last tw...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking 10mg felodipine daily for the last two years without any side effects whatsoever. I hope that this may help anyone newly prescribed as all the other comments seem rather negative.

[i:9b02d35137]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9b02d35137]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree, I have been on the same dose for over two weeks now and have noticed absolutely no side-effects at all.
  • Posted

I have been on Felodipine for around 4yrs now but for the past 2yrs my bp has been around 180/160 over 140/120 so still extremely high for a 44yr old, yesterday my dr increased my dose from 5mg to 10mg. I took my first 10mg tablet a few hrs ago and now Im sat here with a banging headache, heart is racing, limbs aching and my face feels like its buring :-(
  • Posted

I have been on Felodipine for 5 years now but am also on Statins now.I do keep having dizzy spells which is scary at times.So I am seeing my Dr on Thursday an hopefully will get a change of tablet.Not taking the statin anymore until then.
  • Posted

Thanks for your words of reassurance, I

I have just gone up to 10mgs and been worried

that I would have a MCI !!

The internet is a great tool but isn't always 

helpful to have so much information at ones 

fingertips.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.