Reboxetine had a terrible effect on me. I tried it for ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Reboxetine had a terrible effect on me. I tried it for depression, after reading good comments about it (mainly from the drug company's own research) on the web. I had high hopes, but was not only disappointed - it made me very ill! I felt exhausted, sick, and breathless. My heartrate seemed to be fast. I gave it a few days trial in case the bad effects wore off, but they didn't. I saw my GP, who checked my resting heartrate. It was 137 beats per minute. No wonder I felt dreadful! Although the GP didn't think it was the drug at fault, I stopped taking it. The effects (fast heartbeat) lasted for a fortnight and I spent a week at home too disabled to do much at all. My unwell, 70-year old mother, was able to walk faster than I could. I think people should be warned about this drug. I have been told the effects I experienced are 'rare', but they are certainly very frightening and unpleasant, and, I suspect, dangerous. I insisted my GP send off a yellow report card. I got the impression she wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

[i:cd5d4fd257]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:cd5d4fd257]

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking reboxetine for 2 weeks now, hoping that the side effects would lessen in this time but they havent. Even a small task like hoovering brings on hot flushes esp my head, it feels as though its going to burst into flames, increased heart rate, breathlessness, sweating profusely, nausea followed by extremely cold and waves of goosebumps. I've been unable to leave my house without someone with me so its easier to stay at home. I feel worse now than I've ever felt, more depressed despondant alone and for the first time, panic attacks and thoughts of 'whats the point of me being alive' have entered my head.

[i:55c644022d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:55c644022d]

• Posted

I know this is an old thread, but did you stay on this med ? And did the side effects go away? Ive been on this med for 3 weeks now and my heart is constantly racing and I feel so tired all the time. I was on 4 mg per day for the first week and have been on 8mg per day for 2 weeks.

I feel awful. Going give up soon if this doesn't change. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.