Complex ovarian cyst disappeared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I just wanted to fill you in on recent events.

At the beginning of June I was referred for an ultrasound as a lot of pain heavy periods etc. Following on from the scan I had to have a transvaginal scan which detected a lot of fibroids and also a complex ovarian cyst at 4cm. I was referred for ca125 and to a gynecologist. So I was pretty anxious by thus stage.

My appointment with gynecologist was 24th july who went through everything with me 1st they were going to deal with fibroids so I was booked in for a hysteroscopy in august and also have mirena coil fitted at tge same time thus they hope would eliviate the heavy and irregular periods . They then we're going to bring me back to clinic after a month abd then look at complex ovarian cyst. I had hysteroscopy and really was quite painless I dud experience some discomfort afterwards but if im honest I've had worse smears.

I went for my ultrasound a few weeks ago in relation to the cyst and saw my consultant on Friday. My consultant was quite shocked and informed me that my complex ovarian cyst had gone , it is quite rare and in my case it had dispersed and everything was fantastic. It was such a relief, so I just wanted others to know that sometimes complex ovarian cysts do go. I asked how I could have disappeared and her words were sometimes they burst and dispearse, in my case it has and I'm so relieved, im still under gyne as I want to see how things go with fibroids and mirena coil but there is hope for others.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Really great news. I am so pleased for you.cheesygrin

I have to go for a trans vag on Wednesday as they are monitoring a cyst and fibroids. They were all shrinking until the last scan and the cyst had grown (a little) again. Really not looking forward to this, but you have given me hope. Thanks and all the best for the fibroids.

• Posted

Any functional luteal hemorrhagic cyst (with a blood clot) appears as a complex cyst on ultrasound (hence the problem of diagnose often, hence often the 'wait and see' approach). They tend to rupture within months. (Been there done that multiple times)

So it does not really surprise me. 

• Posted

Good outcome for you for sure!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.