COMPLEX THICK WALLED OVARIAN CYST.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please i was diagnose with a complex thick walled ovarian cyst. Could this be ovarian cancer? how can i handle this cos my heart is popping out of my body. please anyone with similar case?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello me too I was told I have 3 irregular complex cysts thick walled and nodules in each one !!! (Meaning solid part) I have had ca 125 blood test which was normal.my cysts showed no blood flow on colour Doppler which is good I think.anyone know ? Did they tell you anything else apart from it was thick walled ? And size ? Message me anytime Michelle xx
  • Posted

Hi I had same 3yrs ago it was a dermoid tumor benign please stop worrying x
    • Posted

Hello Margaret I'm very scared as not only are my cysts thick walled they see irregular with nodules in each. can you tell me was your dermoid just thick walled and did they tell you at scan what they thought it was at mine is complex.all I know is it was a good sign there was no colour Doppler flow to the cysts.i have 3 in right ovary 3 X1 being the biggest.my ca 125 was normal thanks for any help Michelle xx
    • Posted

hi sorry not got bk to you as not been to well ,i had both ovaries removed with the dermoid ,as it had torsion,twisted 3 times around my right ovary cause pain,so he took both to prevent more dermoids growing,,since then i had 2 cysts removed from womb cyst taken from kidney,and cyst from bowel.anyway now had mri and internal scan and have some thickining of the womb cause pain ,seeing surgeon in the  next 2 weeks ,actually see 3 diffrent surgeons,as a woman of 58 should not be have this thickening i will let you know the outcome,by the way the dermoid was 7cms and had hair teeth etc not very nice ,i hope your ok it really didnt hurt i had open surgery and was fine for a couple years ,but now i hope i get womb taken as well then fingers crossed no more ops ,these tumors are benign hope this helps keep in touch hun all the best xx
  • Posted

I was diagnosed last month with a complex cyst in my right ovary and will have the ovary removed in three weeks, along with a small uterine polyp.  All lab tests, including CA 125, hormone levels, and other cancer markers all came back normal and was relieved to hear "low risk" for cancer.  I know the fear that you are feeling, but it does help to remain as calm as you can and hopefully all will be well!  Do you have any lab work in progress?
    • Posted

Yes Elizabeth...Lab work in progres....just scared what the outcome could be.....thanks for your input
    • Posted

I understand completely... I was a mess waiting for mine, it is an anxious time.  I'll be thinking of you and hope you will get excellent results.  Take care and post here when you can, there are lots of helpful people here!
  • Posted

wow! carried out another scan after 6weeks of wait. I hope to see the gyn on thursday so as to know the next line of action. However, if complex thick wall with no septae or calcification. what does that mean....I observed i have a little swollen legs now.. what could be the possible cause? anyone with a relelvant reply should help i am scared
  • Posted

I just collected a result where my CA125 is 159..very high and another scan done showed solid part and the cyst has increased... I have been booked for op 14th of june...crying seriously here and pretty scared.....I wish the CA came back normal.......someone help!
    • Posted

Please please please do not worry this is just normal procedure my cysts increased I had 3 every scan showed an increase and more solid parts more septations and even mural nodules ?! I had an urgent Mri and it showed endometriomas and deep endo everywhere else !!! The ca 125 is not that high you think it is but its not and it can be increased for many reasons inflammation cysts even endometriosis,menstruating it is not a reliable test.my dr said he would not even be concerned if mine was over 100 and even my friends over 100 turned out to be endometriona cyst. please message me if you are worried xxxx
    • Posted

Michellstar, the CA125 is 519 high rather. This make me really scared as i have history of cancerin d family.....
    • Posted

What cancer runs in your family ?you are having the best possible treatment now by having it removed please try it to worry.have they suggested an mri as well?i had one and it showed my ovarian cysts up as endometriosis and they were very very concerned xx
    • Posted

Michellestar, thanks for your encouragement and concern. Breast Cancer, my mother died of that. I have not been scheduled for any MRI but rather booke for op in some 6weeks time...just pretty scared
    • Posted

Of course you are me too as I had the mri to check for ovarian cysts and they found a nodule on my balder which now needs to be investigated so I get relief over one and now have another worry it's never ending !!!where do you live vero? You will be fine it's caught if anything very early in your ovary I have endometriosis and that alone can cause a high ca 125 as does many other things including infection inflammation periods and even ovarian cysts xxx
    • Posted

Michelle, thanks for your soothung words and encouragement. I will always post here to let u know what is happening. However, i live in Nigeria. I hope i get a good treatment here...xxx
    • Posted

I to have cancer in my familys please dont worry ,your be fine x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.