Concerned blood clot.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to the er on july 6 2016 for having weakness with chest pressure amd dizziness they did the whole work up with blood work xray and a ct scan my blood work was normal except the D Dimer test was kinda elevated. So i went to my PCP and ask him about the D Dimer test being elevated, he wasnt really concerned because my ct scan was normal didnt show any blockage. My question is. Is that normal to have elevated D Dimer test with a normal CT Scan or should i be worried.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

D Dimer levels can be raised in other conditions such as infection, kidney or liver problems, old age, certain types of anaemia and conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.

Symptoms of weakness, chest pressure and dizziness aren't typical of a blood clot.

Did they do a chest X Ray?

Do you have any ongoing medical problems?

• Posted

Yes they did do a chest xray and as far as medical problem nothing really but anxiety and aneima.
    • Posted

Depending on the type of anaemia this could be the cause of the raised D dimer. I think it's highly unlikely that you have a clot if everything else was norma.l

• Posted

Sorry, did they do a CT scan of your head or chest?
    • Posted

Yes they did a ct scan with contrast. And it was normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.