Confirmed IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my colonoscopy and she said my colon looked very healthy so final diagnosis: IBS. 

I pretty much already knew. My main issue is constapation so she has me on Linzess to go reguraly but so far there's been nothing regular about it. I either have (and I know this is gross) runny or nothing at all. I have had stomach cramps as well. I feel like I can't leave my house right now. I actually lost about 2 lbs after the colonoscopy as well. I am not sure if that is normal or not but I did.

Does anyone have a suggsted diet I should follow?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Some people have success with the fodmap diet.

Ask your GP, he may refer you to a dietitician, and they have fodmap booklets.

Look online at fodmap.

Junie

• Posted

Fodmap helped me with bloating, the main thing was cutting put garlic and onions. You can flavour oil with garlic and use slung onion instead. Good luck with it.
  • Posted

I am really surprised onion and garlic are that big of a culprit. I love both. I will check out the foodmap diet and cut those out. Thanks so much!
    • Posted

Hi Jessg94

Let us know how you get on

Junie

• Posted

I see you love onion and garlic, like me smile so before you cut them out from your food, you need to find out which couse your ibs. Try to eat smaller portions of food, that help your bowel, and write into a paper what are you eating, I did the same. If somebody find out that onion is bad for her/him, that doesn't mean you need to avoid those. Ibs is different for every people.

Sorry, I hope you understand what I want to say.

• Posted

That's actually good advice. I just downloaded the IBS app from this site and you can log everything that you are doing so you can go back and compare. It was .99 to purchase in the app store.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.