Conflict with doctor who is right

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am not happy I think I am right and doc is not, I have dd this I agree with he told me I have severe did but I only got it confirmed by five blood test and nothing else

I told him it was because of lack of fibre in diet he told me in my case it was a case of I just happen to of got it and it has nothing to do with that in my case

I seen another doc who told me it was all down to my age

I now have diverticular I know this as I have all symptoms except the pain I don't think their is any point visiting my doc with this and have found peppermint oil capsules take away a lot of the symptoms giving me relief

The chemist said just take one a day in flare up and stop when no flare up

Trouble is I am three weeks in with symptoms and unsure if I should take when just flare up occur or if its safe to take everyday

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've not had peppermint oil tablets but drink peppermint tea which I find helps me. Maybe it's in my mind but I'm quite happy to drink it instead of ordinary tea/coffee. I will have a look for the tablets when I go shopping later and maybe try them.

My aging years were mentioned for my DID as well, and most articles seem to say it's an age thing and lack of fibre.

• Posted

Hi redshifts

It seems everything to down to age these days or so it seems, I was drinking peppermint tea it did settle my tummy but only lasted a few hours, the peppermint oil capsules are more intense and I take one a day they stopped my tummy my dizziness feeling of being sick and I could get on with my day. You must never take them before bed time by the way, for me personally they were the only things that worked for me, I tried ginger tea but found it worked well but I didn't like the taste and it burnt my mouth, I carry around with me in my bag paracetamol's, peppermint oil capsules, smelling salts where ever they go so do i

• Posted

I started with diverticulitis in November since then I have been in hospital 3 times.

Hi, can you help, I had no side effects that I was aware off it just came out of the blue. I awoke with severe pains and being violently sickness. Please can you describe these symptoms to me, just so I Know what to look for as I want to avoid going ending up in hospital again. 

Also what is a flare as at the moment I am very confused 

• Posted

Hi Thomas, mine started out of the blue to. I was hoovering the cobweb down from ceiling and suddenly had a sharp pain on left hand side, went to doctor as it was so painful at first I thought maybe I pulled a muscle in tummy, I got a poke and prod and had five blood tests as he thought I had diverticulitis, the tests confirmed this.

It is small pockets in your intestine that can be obstructed by small items of food like seeds and nuts my trigger was tomato. ( they have seed in them) my flare up was due to spicy food that never effectived me before.

Now I keep a food diary so if it restarts I know what food to advoid,

My flare up was making my tummy feel like twinges felt sick all day every day for two weeks, weak with a headache the peppermint oil capsules took all these effects away but I had no pain with it.

If you just have all symptoms but no pain it is called diverticular if you have server pain with it then it is called diverticulitis,

You need fybogel mild laxative to help move your stools and soften them but you. Need to drink plenty of water with it

• Posted

I thought diverticulisis can only be diagnosed through a CT SCAN or colonscopy and NOT blood work alone. The blood work is just to see if its infection. 
    • Posted

You best go and tell the two doctors who diagnose it for me then because I have had this already out with them, and told that it can be done by blood test,

I have already had a second opinion who also confirmed the tests showed I had and have diverticulitis,

I don't know what else I am supposed to do to change their attitude or mind unless you can come up with an idea to change the outcome as I can't

• Posted

The doctors must have more comprehensive blood tests in England than in Canada. Here I think you have to have a colonoscopy .
    • Posted

Well I asked why I didn't get one or a ct scan and in so many words got told not to tell my doctor how to do his job I think I may of upset him by asking for this but I only asked as it seems everyone seems to of got one

I am seriously thinking of changing my doctor or just go along with him as he should know what he is doing being a surgeon in all, maybe I'm getting paranoid now or over reacting I sure don't know

• Posted

I think for your best interest and your health finding a new doctor would be a VERY good ideal. You should be the doctors number1 concern period! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.