confused

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI i wonder if ay one could give me advice , for around 7 months my GP has been treating me for UC , i finally got a referral at the hospital and ive been told its Protitis . My question is this .. is Proctitis and UC too totally differant things ? im confused as too what this is .

Cheers Carole 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Morning Carole1122

Proctitis is linked with ulcerative colitis it's the inflammation in the rectum I had mine for 11 years which was controlled with pentasa.

I wish you all the best if you have any questions just shout 😉

• Posted

Hi Carole - I'm also a UC sufferer. Proctitis only effects the anus and lower part of the bowel & anus. It is often very painful. Although I have felt dreadful at times I never had this sort of pain or Proctitis. Why? I honestly don't know. Good luck with your treatment.

• Posted

Proctitis is refering to the area of the bowel that is inflamed and ulcerated. I have found that topical treatments releave the symptoms a bit. The mail thing that has brought me back into remission is de-stressing my life , exercise  and switching to de-caffinated drinks.
  • Posted

Hi Carole

My undstanding is that when UC affects just the rectum, it is known as 'proctitis'.

I wish you well with your treatment and hope you don't have too much discomfort.

With all good wishes,

Peter

• Posted

Thank you all for your replys , i thought it was 2 different things. hope u all feel better soon 

Carole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.