Constant abdominal stinging burning and back stinging??

Posted , 6 users are following.

For 9months my stomach has been burning and hurting so bad. About two months ago I got awful stinging and burning in my sides and back. And tonight my left and and leg started to sting and then my other hand started as well.. Idk what's going on I'm scared. I'm also constantly nauseated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This may be a shot in the dark.  My journey has been a long and complicated one with numerous doctors and tests done.  Diagnosed with IBS, which to me, is not really a diagnosis.  Since before Christmas, I have had numb and burning big ties and soles of my feet burn.  I have also had burning in my back on and off fir some time. I was referred to a local,Neurologist who tested me then referred me to Stanford where they did more testing.  Doctor called me yesterday to say I have small fiber neuropathy.  This is new and has yet to be explored.  You have any other problems or symptoms? I found a lot of good information on the Cleveland Clinic web site you might want to check out.  
  • Posted

Meant to add that I also deal with nausea on a regular basis.  What has helped me the most is an older drug, Tigan, which I often take before I even get up for the day. I can also take Zofran with it if not better in an hour or so.
    • Posted

Have b6 and b12 levels checked. B6 toxicity can cause that and so can low b12. Make sure you aren't taking any multivitamins or anything else with b6 in them. They are a common cause of neuropathy.

• Posted

Good point. Forgot to mention that.  My PCP did blood work and my B-12 was just within the normal range so, of course, he said it was normal.  Neuro doc saw that it was just within the normal lab ranges and told me to start B-12. It came up from 200-something to 600-something but I can't say I have noticed any difference.  Definitely something to get checked.

• Posted

I have no knowledge to help w your issues. I can tell you that you probably are going to be in a major battle to gather information, find Drs who can really help and on and on. I have been in a long time struggle to get and find the help for my situation (nerve damage, neuropathy and chronic pain. One thing really helped me to get my head into the reality of these issues. An aritical regarding chronic pain disabling lifestyle.  This one word for some reason gave me perspective (WARRIOR!) This made me realize this would have to be my mantra from now ont.  You are now a warrior to achieve the best solutions you can find,  Full time  commitment, your job, your calling your life! Fight the guilt it is constant know not everyone will understand your issues. Hold on to any support you are given, you may need it. Trust your instincts, if you feel it, you felt it, if it happened it happened, etc. My best wishes are with you! 
  • Posted

Go to a neurologist. Sounds like small fiver neuropathy. But usually starts in feet and works up. Have them do a punch test.

They punch out very small pieces of skin to be tested. Does not hurt.

• Posted

It has been a month since I posted?  Have seen a Neurologist at Stanford and had nerve testing and punch biopsies which came back positive for small fiber neuropathy, which I have never heard of.  Doing a few more texts. Just did a 2-hour glucose which was negative for Diabetes.  My GI dictir there has referred me to yet another doctor that is starting a Diagnostic clinic at Stanfird for undiagnosed cases.  Neurologist also wants me to go the Pain clinic. So, I will be spending a whole day at Stanford next week. The weather has cooled off so fighting foot cramping and over my right hip is killing me.  So discouraging.
    • Posted

Make sure u get tested for insulin resistance. - blood test. My glucose negative but resistance is just as imp. They started me in medformin. I also have dobro and thyroid. I've lived with fibro for years. Did great with weekly massages then all this stuff boom boom post a virus Epstein Barr reactivated.

Feel blessed u have great docs out there. Not so great in Florida. I tell them what to do as a nurse. Sad really. Let me know how that group does with unidentified cases. Good luck. Surround yourself with those who love u and understand.

My hubby is great but I think he doesn't get how painful this thing is.

Don't loose your positivity. I used to cry but so much better now. Write me or anyone on this board. Hang in there.

• Posted

I wanted to find out how your journey has been going with burning pain. I have exreme burning issues on my back, arms, and abdomen and have had this for 7 months. I have been to numerous docs including 2 neurologists and no one can offer me a solution. I am going to the Neuro clinic at UNC med center next month and I hope they will offer a nerve tests and punch test. Has anything provided any relief to you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.