Constant aches and pains... Health anxious

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am a 16 year old male. This year has been very stressful and tiresome. I am an anxious person regarding on my health and my relationships with other people. Last February, I got an ache on my lower left abdomen and I panicked so much which lead me to google my symptoms (really not worth googling since my anxiety flare up so much) and it says "colon cancer" and "inguinal hernia", then I immediately told my parents about it then they sent me to the doctor. The doctor gave me some tests. The results came back perfectly fine and my anxiety slowly dissappears.

Fast forward on May 15... On that evening, I got very dizzy and felt a pressure on the left side on my head accompanied by muscle twitching and some random aches and pains everywhere. That was the first time i experienced those weird sensations so I googled it up and my anxiety flared up again when i see "Multiple Sclerosis" "brain tumor" "ALS". But before I experienced those weird sensations, my relationship with my girlfriend was very very stressful and unhealthy because we keep on arguing for 8 months already nearly everyday and most of the time, I overthink things a lot. (I know, I totally regret having a relationship at such a young age -_-) At that time also, I was also having some issues with my family that really depresses and frustrates me a lot. As i further search on what could possibly be happening to my body, I stumbled on anxiety. Could anxiety be the root cause of my very weird symptoms? Plsss help me sad I don't want to be like this anymore

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes anxiety does this to people all the time, health obsession and fear is very common.  As youve found, google just makes it worse - so the best advice is stay away from google and ask a dr about some treatment for general anxiety.  once the anxiety is controlled, the health obsessions will fade too
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will do as what you've told biggrin

• Posted

Yes dear Gabc

Anxiety does this and much more and i will tell you learn how to handle this right now before it makes your life a misery.

Lots of exercise in fresh air, healthy eating nice music and a positive attitude.

Instead of arguing with it girlfriend try to discuss things amicably and find a solution. If you are old enough to have a relationship then u must be responsible enough to handle it. Sorry for sounding like your mom but my son is almost your age and just as i wish him to have a cheerful life i wish the same for you.

Am also suffering from anxiety since last 3 years n its terrible. Gives you all kind of symptoms n as if everyday is my last day.

The headaches, the electric jolt in the head the dizziness n nausea. Oh boy i dont wish that for an enemy. Though i dont have any😊.except my anxiety.

Yoga is a wonderful therapy if you can do it. Also a good magnesium supplements n lots of almonds.

Take care of yourself. Enjoy life. Be happy. You are too young to go in this agony. My prayers alwaiys with you

Noor

• Posted

Hello smile. Your feedback is highly appreciated. It does seem like I suffer from anxiety for quite a while now. My parents even told me that I am really a worrier. I have a question. Is it normal to experience another physical symptom everyday? My symptoms change from time to time and they occur intermittently.  Even if I am not anxious, my symptoms occur. I wonder if you had experienced this also. I also feel so relieved receiving your message. It really does surely feel like you're my "internet mom". I do dancing and basketball. Would that help too? And I already broke up with her 2 mos. ago but still my symptoms are here sad. I also want to say hi to your son. My prayers are always with you too smile.

• Posted

Yes sweetheart its perfectly normal for worriers like us to experience a new symptoms everyday.i have gone from all kind of cancer forms to all neurological issues. Some time i was on g.i tract focus. Right now its head problems. I think i have covered all parts of my body.but still am sure i will come up with a new issue next month. And yes i forgot i even lost my sense of taste for full 3 months once. It was terrible. The only good side as i was not getting any taste i lost interest in food n i lost 10 kgs which i really needed.

The anxiety lingers for quite some time even at times when we are relaxed. But once u start getting it kess frequently you know you are on the road to recovery.

From 24 hr to 7/7 of awful feeling now i can go couple of days anxiety free n sometimes the monster surges again for a full day but still i have come a long way.

And i wish you can put this monster completely behind you very very soon.

And your internet mom is always here for you and if you want to visit me in mauritius you are most welcome.

I pray from worriers we soon turn in warriors. No retreat no surrender.

Lots of love n big hug

NOOR

• Posted

Hi "internet" mom! It's been a week already and I wasn't able to use internet since last week because it was my finals week. I never know how powerful anxiety is until now. Thank you so much for answering my questions and concerns. I am planning to proceed neurology or psychology when I will reach college bec. I want to be able to help other people suffering with anxiety too. I hope we will all continue to be optimistic since pessimism could increase our anxiety more. I hope you'll continue to be healthy and jolly "internet mom" smile. Thank you so much for everything. Best regards here from the Philippines! smile 

-16y.o kid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.