Constant asthma cough. 6 year old

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. my son has a constant cough that's just getting worse.it started 7 days ago and it's just getting worse every minute. I've tried everything suggested but nothing is helping. He can't even say a whole sentence without needing to cough. the doctor said there is nothing we can do as he is on maximum asthma medication. I just want it to be better but I'm literally at a dead end now and having to sit and listen to him coughing and heaving and not being able to help makes me feel like such a failure to be honest. sad

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has he not had any antibiotic's yet?I am a adult with Asthma/Copd.With a cough that won't go away.

Hope your son gets well soon,it is so annoying keep coughing.

• Posted

No the doctor wouldn't give them as he said he doesn't have an infection. Thanks

• Posted

How AWFUL. Any child should be treated better than this, if I was you I woould be furious. Have you tried all the natural remedies ? Have you googled to find other children like yours ? So you are informed as to what exactly is the " maximum"  and why this cant be changed  to another medication?  Good Luck and update. 

• Posted

Is he coughing up mucus ? Or just trying to cough it up ? And did they put him on a steroid ? And is it bacteria infection ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.