Constant dizziness

Posted , 8 users are following.

As mentioned previously I always feel dizzy but its really starting to get me down. I have good and bad days with the intensity of it but in general it always affects me daily. Some days like today I can be walking around a shop and feel as if I'm going to pass out because I feel so light headed like I'm floating and dizzy(not spinning) and I feel terrible. I just always have this lightheaded, dizzy, faint, off balance and strange feeling(spaced out). I wont go anywhere to far alone or even drive to far because of this and I just feel tired having to just live with it. I've seen cardiology, neurology and ent and all have no answers and all say anxiety but I seriously don't believe it is because how can I feel dizzy every single day, all day even when I don't feel anxious and doing something as a distraction which I enjoy ie shopping but I still get the same symptoms. I've had blood tests, CT scan back in 2013. I just feel so helpless like there's nothing I can do to feel normal again.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hey moo,

i suffered with the dizziness and other physical symptoms for ages. i had every test under the sun done and all came back fine. ive been on cit for about 3 months now and i dont have anymore dizziness or physical symptoms. ive been a bit spaced in the head but i have a cold atm. i never thought that anxiety could do all the things it done to me but it did! are you on any medication at all?

• Posted

Moo88, 

I have had dizzy spells at one time, which were caused by Menere's disease which there is sometimes a correlation between the disease and anxidty/stress. You might want to speak to your doctor about this. 

• Posted

Moo88...it was quite amazing reading ur post because everything u have described is what i experienced in the past 12months. It all started last year and the dizziness and panic attacks got too much that i went on lexapro 10mg once a day n it was amazing to feel 'normal' again...i stayed on it for 3months but got pregnant so went off it. I am now 20weeks and all the symptoms have returned...dizziness, blurry vision, constant dull headache, short of breath at times, chest pain at times and full blown palpatations when I have a panic attack (which thank god i have only had twi this week). It is so hard now i am pregnant to get any further investigations but i try and think back to how i felt when i was medicated (knowing that it worked n i felt 'normal')...which helps me to rationise things...i have just finished reading a book which was pretty amazing for me...i don't know if it will help u but worth trying :-)

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hey this sounds like me I always think it is just me stuck with this anxiety and in particular the dizziness.  Everytime I go out it happens at some point.......most of the time I worry about getting dizzy when I go out and because I worry about it, it tends to happen I wish I could stop thinking about it!  The other day I was out at a Chinese buffet meal........I hate buffets coz you have to get up and get your own food and as I was worrying about it I had a panic attack at the buffet and got really dizzy.......which I feel is ridiculous coz I am meant to be out enjoying myself and other people are managing this simple task of getting their own food!  My boyfriend had to get my food for me at least he knows what I am like and supports me coz in the past I had a boyfriend who dumped me because of it 😢.  I was on 50mg sertaline but that was not helping that much so I am trying fluoxetine only started yesterday so we shall see if it helps x
  • Posted

I feel your pain, I've searched many forums and you are one of many I share these symptoms with.

Doctors tell me it's just anxiety or something, and that me worrying is what is causing it. But if I didn't feel like this I wouldn't be worrying?! Getting blood tests soon to rule a few things out.

I've had these feeing for a couple months now. It isn't physically painful, it's just REALLY emotionally draining, it's hard to explain it to people

• Posted

No I'm not on any medication. I did try Sertraline and Fluoxetine but I felt terrible so came off it. Lasted no longer than 10 days.x
  • Posted

Its weird because I feel less dizzy at home. Soon as I'm out and about I feel really dizzy and faint and all inside I feel hot and sick with nerves. I do get a gasping for breath sensations sometimes like as if i've stopped breathing a second then suddenly gasp for air. Fed up of it now :-(
    • Posted

I don't know if it's related but sometimes my heart jumps, a palpitation or something that really panics me

I'm fed up of this feeling, I just keep hoping I'll wake up and it'll be gone but it's not sad

• Posted

I know what you mean I was on sertaline but now on Fluoxetine which I started on Friday and I do feel a bit spaced out and headachy but I will persevere for a bit.  Just been out and I am okay in the house but once I am out I am extremely dizzy and walking close to walls and finding things to hang onto!  Really annoying I just want to go out normally like everyone else around me x
  • Posted

Moo I have most of symptoms as u...did u get better by any treatment?
    • Posted

Sunny I have all the symptoms that moo has as well especially the dizziness that's the worse symptom for me, all day, everyday. I have had an MRI done and went to an ENT and nothing is wrong with my ears or my brain so what else can it be other than anxiety. How long have you had your symptons ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.