Constant nausea, bloating, stomach pains and acid reflux

Posted , 78 users are following.

Ever since i was 7 years old, iv been feeling constantly sick, i will go a couple of years of feeling really sick 24/7 then a couple of years feeling fine. It just comes and goes over long periods of time. This time i have been feeling constantly sick, anxious, bloated, acid refluxes and stomach pains. I have to mention i have a fear of vomiting and all these feelings only makes my fear worse, i haven't put my life on hold from (even tho i sometimes feel like i want too). I also have trouble going to the toilet sometimes (number 2) i quite often get constipated. Im only 23 years old, male by the way and i cant go out drinking with friends, go out for meals or even holidays because i feel like throwing up all the time, its just a nightmare!! I don't even know what normal feels like anymore all i feel is SICK, NAUSEA AND DISCOMFORT, its so distressing and makes me angry sometimes. Does anyone have any answers or idea to what this might be? Or ever experienced this before? Would very much appreciated your views

5 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there, it sickens me to think that after all these years of suffering there is not a doctor that can tell u whats going on. Go now and get an endoscopy let them look inside your stomach.  There is a solution to our problem but you must start there. Make them check your acid level and your gastrin level, very important. In the mean time try mint tea to calm your stomach stay away from cold water drink room temp only and dont let the doctor tell u what u are feeling, u tell them that is a big problem they dont listen. You will be anxious because u dont know whats happening to u. When i felt like that i used charcoal tablets with antigas and bloating  they took away my pain and symptoms . You can get them at most pharmacies over the counter. I dont leave home without them.
    • Posted

My doctors kept telling me its either acid reflux or IBS, been on medication for both and nothing has changed, i still feel the same. I had a endoscopy a few years ago but i panicked and pulled the tube out before it started going down my throat (wrong decision). Its a total life wrecker there's so many things in dying to do but cant because i feel so sick all the time, but im relieve too know im not the only one who feels like this, do you know why you feel sick alot?
    • Posted

Yes it because my stomach is not producing acid which aids in digestion that is why i suggested you check your acid level. You can check for yourself, squeeze a half of lemon and drink it if nothing happens with your stomach, no pain or discomfort . If you have discomfort swallow a little sugar on a spoon this will stop it.no issues mean low acid production so stay away from relux and acid reducing meds.
    • Posted

I cant be too little acid, i sometimes get burning in the back of my throat and taste the acid (not very nice), doctors think produce too much acid hence why they gave me lanzoprozole 30mg (if that's how you spell it) but like i said it doesn't seem to help my symptoms
    • Posted

Listen very carefully, too much acid and low acid have the same symptoms that is why 98 percent of the time low acid is misdiagnosed for high acid or reflux. Please stop taking that med until u know for sure because if it is low then u are doing more harm by taking acid reducing drugs. Please find out for sure.
    • Posted

pH is the scale used to measure the strength of a liquid; acid or alkali. The acidity of the stomach changes throughout the day this means the pH also change. There are dedicated cells in the lining of the stomach that produces the acid within the stomach maybe you have a bacteria  in the stomach which is causing you your discomfort, a simple test from your Dr. can determine if there is a bacteria present. Next visit ask
    • Posted

I have had 6 endoscopies and no bacteria has ever been found, never had hpylori. My stomach has stopped producing acid for some reason and docs claim it will again eventually. I jumpstart my stomach each day with half a lemon and it works fine for me. Even my gastrin level is going down for now I am ok .I drink my garlic and ginger water faithfully ...I self medicate and research because the docs aint helping so I help myself.
    • Posted

There are dedicated cell in your stomach that produce acid so your food can be broken down, the strength of the acid deepens on the contents of your stomach; for example if you have eaten a steak dinner then your parental cells found in the stomach wall will increase the acid concentration likewise other type of cells produce mucus to prevent acid damage to the lining of the stomach.

There is always a small quantity of gastric juices present in the stomach, even if it contains no food. This sometimes referred as the fasting juices.  Secretion levels maximise 1 hour after a meal then reduce to fasting levels after 4 hours.

I hope my simplified explanation can help you to understand what is happening inside your stomach.

• Posted

I am a little educated on this acid but unfortunately my acid production has ceased therefore i jumpstart it everyday with a a piece of lemon and by doing this also reduces my gastrin. I am also pain free thank god for that because i felt like if you touched my stomach it would have exploded now that do not happen anymore. I also stopped eating anything that will cause my stomach to work hard to digest. I try to eat more fish and proteins. Its working for me, no more gas , bloating or pain. I lived my life in fear thinking everyday i may have to call an ambulance but thats in the past..I stay on my teas to help with digestion and comfort.
    • Posted

Hi everyone i too have this annoying experience ever since i was 13 ive had this. It started when i threw up at my mates house 2 years ago and every sine that day i have had the constant sickness (nausea) and the weird,yucky acid coming up your throat feeling and i have constantly been coughing up muccus. I have a history of anxiety and it gets worse whenever i visit my dad every fornite (i see him 2 days a fortnite) but ive been to the doctor and they know nothing, ive tried so much and im to the point where i cant sleep cause im crying from how tough it gets not remembering what its like to eat normally without feeling like vomiting and it stops you from doing many things and i too do have a fear of vomiting. But one good thing is the feeling has gotten a tiny bit better of the years ive gotten used to it so i sometimes barely get the feeling but other times after i eat a lot (im going through puberty so i am getting a bigger appertite) i feel sick and its certain foods too that trigger this anyway i really want to end this please reply and ill answer
    • Posted

Hi everyone i too have this annoying experience ever since i was 13 ive had this. It started when i threw up at my mates house 2 years ago and every sine that day i have had the constant sickness (nausea) and the weird,yucky acid coming up your throat feeling and i have constantly been coughing up muccus. I have a history of anxiety and it gets worse whenever i visit my dad every fornite (i see him 2 days a fortnite) but ive been to the doctor and they know nothing, ive tried so much and im to the point where i cant sleep cause im crying from how tough it gets not remembering what its like to eat normally without feeling like vomiting and it stops you from doing many things and i too do have a fear of vomiting. But one good thing is the feeling has gotten a tiny bit better of the years ive gotten used to it so i sometimes barely get the feeling but other times after i eat a lot (im going through puberty so i am getting a bigger appertite) i feel sick and its certain foods too that trigger this anyway i really want to end this please reply and ill answer
    • Posted

I took the lemon test and it seems to alleviate my symptoms for now. It's possible that I might not have enough stomach acid but although I have been sufferin similar stomach symptoms to David's, mine have only been coming and going for the past month. I am 58 and still dread seeing doctors so I'll wait it out. I happen to have some charcoal powder from a health food co-op. Beats me why I purchase it long ago, but might that help me as soon as it recurs? Sometimes I feel it's finally in the past and boom! I'll wake-up with the issues and over perhaps hours it grows or subsides, like what this article suggests by the "colicky" nature of symptoms. But your advice seems magical now, as it has obliterated the sick nausea, thank you!

• Posted

Hi, you are going through a very difficult time. Please don't be a nervous. You need to do proper investigations to confirm the underlying cause of your illness. Only symptomatic treatment will not cure your illness. Antacid treatment only reduces acid in the stomach, but adequate acid secretion is necessary for digestion. Long term acid reduction in stomach results in indigestion. Hiatus hernia like condition has similar symptoms like nausea, abdominal discomfort, acid reflux, but for that surgical treatment is more useful than medicine. So please consult your physician for investigations like oesophagogastroduodenoscopy and a colonoscopy and don’t be afraid of these investigations. Proper diagnosis and treatment will definitely cure your illness and you can enjoy your life.
    • Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.