Constant nausea, bloating, stomach pains and acid reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

I copied this from a discussion that has died out, these are my exact same symptoms and no one can find out what's wrong with me.

Ever since i was 7 years old, iv been feeling constantly sick, i will go a couple of days of feeling really sick 24/7 then a couple of days feeling fine. It just comes and goes. I have been feeling constantly sick, anxious, bloated, acid refluxes and stomach pains. I have to mention i have a fear of vomiting and all these feelings only makes my fear worse, i haven't put my life on hold from (even tho i sometimes feel like i want too). I also have trouble going to the toilet sometimes (number 2) i quite often get constipated.

I have had multiple endoscopies, a ph probe, and have gone through all the testing for gastroparesis. I have been on multiple medications, different forms of Omeprazole, Zantac, and a few more. This does help with acid reflux. Right now I just take the Zantac and zofran (antiemetic)

Im only 21 years old, male by the way and i cant go out drinking with friends, go out for meals or even holidays because i feel like throwing up all the time, its just a nightmare!! I don't even know what normal feels like anymore all i feel is SICK, NAUSEA AND DISCOMFORT, its so distressing and makes me angry sometimes. Does anyone have any answers or idea to what this might be? Or ever experienced this before? Would very much appreciated your views

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This is crazy because i have basically the exactly same symptoms as you! I too am on Zofran and Zantac and struggle with constant nausea, indigestion and feeling like throwing up. I also have a massive fear of vomiting which makes this situation so much more difficult for me. I have an appointment with the Gastroenterologist in two weeks and hopefully he can help me. I understand how inconvenient these symptoms are and am struggling to carry on with day to day life if this continues. I just feel so sick all the time, so while i cannot offer you any advice, take comfort in the fact that you are not alone!! 
  • Posted

I literally have the same problem right now and I'm a 14 year old girl. It's hard going to school and living life with this problem because nobody understands. Everybody tells me it's in my head so I suggest just telling yourself everyday you won't throw up. Or take motion sickness pills. And for constipation I take fiber gummies so I suggest those.

• Posted

Has IBS been mentioned?
    • Posted

So I got tested for Gastroparesis in November, which came back negative and my gastroenterologist told me it might be IBS. He told me to take hyoscyamine (which I have been taking for the past 2 years already -_-). Starting in December I quit taking Omeprazole because I always hear that taking that hurts you in the long run and one of the major symptoms was constipation. Since I stopped taking that the constipation has majorly reduce but my acid has increased.
    • Posted

Does Buscopan work for the pain?  That's what I take and it helps me.  Maybe you have acid rebound if you stopped the Omeprazole suddenly.  Does Zantac help the acid?  I have acid reflux as well as IBS and it makes me cough.  Milk and over the counter antacids control the acid. I took Omeprazole years ago and it helped but I didn't want to be taking it permanently.  I always found it a nuisance anyway going back and forth for prescriptions especially when going to the doctor triggers anxiety for me.  Buscopan is also over the counter.

If you are anxious about your health, that will make hearburn and IBS.worse.  Anxiety is also an IBS symptom. Try keeping a food diary to see if any foods are triggering your symptoms. Avoid spicy and greasy foods that can cause heartburn.  Broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts can be bad for gas.

Was your Gsstro doctor definite that you have IBS?

• Posted

No he was not definite, but thank you for the idea of Buscopan, I'll look into that. In all honesty it's not the acid that bugs me I can dea with that, but what really gets me is the nausea. Like I can't do anything fun without contemplating whether it is worth it. For example going and spending the night at my friends house. If I get nauseous I want to feel comfortable, but if I am at my friends house I get very uncomfortable and it just worsens. This is why I thought it was anxiety. I have tried anxiety medications for about 2 years, never really noticed a difference.

Also the nausea will come to when I am somewhere comfortable, but I feel like I can control it better than if I am somewhere else.

• Posted

Nausea is a symtom is a symptom of IBS and stomach pain can cause this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.