Constant Neck pain unless laying down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having neck pain for quite some time now. I have been to chiropractor several times now none of that helps. I have had anxiety for about 9 years now I am 22 years old. I'm always assuming the worst which is typical for someone with anxiety. Any ideas/input would be great. When I take Tylenol it helps a lot but can notice it's still there.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried Cranial osteopathy (also called cranial therapy or craniosacral therapy) is one variety of osteopathic manipulative therapies. It stimulates healing by using gentle hand pressure to manipulate the skeleton and connective tissues,
    • Posted

No I have not. Don't really know what to do for it without knowing what's exactly causing it.

• Posted

you might want to talk to a doctor that does it. they would know. I had a seizure and fell and hit my chin on a metal workbench. i hit it so hard the i broke both front top teeth and my entire upper mandable. I had neck pain for years that nobody could fix. the crainial therapy helped relive the pain. I go to the dr about once a year for a "tune up" to keep the problem in check.

• Posted

Hi clay, have you had xrays ct scan mri? could be muscular I assume anxiety would cause you muscles to stress up, a gentle massage can also be of benifit, if it's skeletal the test will show that up, perhaps a good physio , good to catch all this while you still young and hopefully minimal damage has been done and a better chance of a full recovery. Good Luck

• Posted

I'm having the same pain and believe I finally traced it down to my levitar scapular muscle in my back in a constant state of tension. Apparently this is a common place people hold stress.

I would recommend trying a series of deep tissue massages around that area in particular.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.