Constant need to wee

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

About 2 months ago I had quite a bad urine infection, took a course of trimethoprim but it didn't clear the infection so I took a course of co amoxiclav which did actually clear the infection but the symptoms didn't really seem to get better. I had 2 urinalysis since and there is no infection. I then had various swabs including chlamydia all came back normal. Went back to the GP again tested my urine and said he thought there was nitrates in my urine after dipping it, sent the sample off and gave me a course of nitrofuratonin. Almost finished these and I feel the sensation is less however still there! Called for the results after they had been sent off and they show no infection!

I don't really have any pain or burning when j pee, just a constant feeling in my bladder that I need to pee all the time. It's not painful or anything but just so so annoying and frustrating, it's really getting me down. It's not a desperate urge as I can sit with the feeling for hours and hours without actually needing the toilet so it doesn't make sense. I don't really have to get up at night to wee either.

I have a looong history of anxiety and am even on anti depressants because my anxiety got so bad about 2 years ago now. So I am a huge worrier and I find it hard not to constantly think and worry about what it might be.. I find that if I am busy I don't think about it.. But I just don't know what to put it down to sad anyone any advice? Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dont know if this helps but I get this feeling after drinking any sort of alcoholic drink,so I dont drink alcohol at all.

Do your anti depressants have any side effects like this?

You may have an over active bladder as well.

How long have you suffered from UTIs?  Let your doc know about your discomfort....he/she may have an answer.

• Posted

I don't really drink much at all!

I've been on them for 2 years now and all has been fine since I had a UTI and it hasn't felt normal since sad before I had the UTI recently I haven't suffered with them at all really!

I am going to try and get to the doctors again this week. Hoping it will

• Posted

Hoping you're still on here? Having a similar problem as you at the moment- did you find any answers?smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.