Constant unbalance feeling/head pressure/tingling/dizziness/shortness of breath. Very scared, help.

Posted , 19 users are following.

For the past few weeks I have constant anxiety and nothing really cools me down. Im scared to death. The main thing I worry about is that something is seriously wrong with me and that I might have brain tumor or something like that. The doctors told me that im organically very healthy person (they checked my lungs, my blood, heart, head etc.), but im soo scared because they made mistakes in the past and that is the main reason I am anxious and I think that they are missing something out. Now I just can't calm myself down because I don't know if anxiety is really the only thing that is doing me all these things. I can be a bit more nervous or sometimes less but I am rarely completely calm. They are also sending me to MRI, but I have to wait for couple of months. They said that they are pretty sure that there is nothing wrong, but that they will send me, so that I can cool down and also "just in case" there is something wron with my brain.They are pretty positive everything is alright with me.

I have almost constant unbalance feeling while im walking. I have feeling like somebody is pushing me... Sometimes forwards, sometimes backwards, sometimes left... Usually it increases when I walk for longer amount of times, but not always. This happens even when im almost calm (I've been very rarely calm for the past few weeks). But on other hand I walk completely straight.

I have head pressure (not extremely strong) and not in the same location all the time. The pressure increases if I stand up and walk, but sometimes decreases if I jog. Almost every single time it decreases when I sit down for longer period of time. It is also true that I sometimes become more nervous when I start walking because I know that the pressure will increase.. but idk...

Sometimes I have very weird tingling feeling in my chest (near heart usually) and sometimes stomach, but the feeling feels good  (like butterflies in stomach). I experience this feeling usually when I calm myself down (rarely...)

I am also dizzy, but I think a bit less then I used to be. I also have feeling like im going to faint in few seconds, but never actually happens.

I also have constant shortness of breath. I feel like I don't get enough air. The results showed that my lungs are healthy and that I have enough oxygen in my blood.

I just can't completely calm myself down, because if I sit my symptoms are usually not soo strong and I constantly think about my health (still normal for anxiety?). I try to live healthy life. I eat pretty healthy and I also love doing sports. Well i used to do a lot of sports, but now I usually get very nervous because I think im going to faint if I do it and I become very dizzy. 

I just feel hopeless, because I don't know if anxiety is really a thing that is making me all these things and I can't stop worrying something is organically wrong with me. Is there really nothing to worry about ? Even if get calmer the symptoms are not necessarily going to be lighter. The symptoms are more are less all constant (maybe not when I sleep). If I knew it is 100% just anxiety I would probably be able to calm myself down. 

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When I wrote "still normal for anxiety?" I was aiming for "by sitting down my symptoms are not soo strong."

• Posted

Hiya, sorry you are having all these symptoms. It's sounding like it is anxiety. Anxiety is such a strange thing and unfortunately we make ourselves worse. I also get lots of symptoms. Mainly at night when I'm relaxing. It's always when I start to wind down. You've done the best thing by going to the Drs, even if only to put your mind at rest. How long have you been having these symptoms? Did something happen to bring them on?

• Posted

First off, thanks for the reply. I had all symptoms for months but they were rare... Now for the last month they are constant and even stronger than ever. Im also more anxious then ever before. Maybe my anxiety was "quiet anxiety" before because I didn't really know that I even have anxiety disorder. I didn't really feel anxious. Still, I have problems with breathing for 4 months now. But, the other symptoms were just added later on and became more and more frequent until now almost constant.

• Posted

Hey I knso this post is pretty old but I was just wondering if the lightheaded dizzy/cloudy/foggy feeling ever subsided? This is my main symptom and im not anxious at all, until after this starts again it used to be 100% constant for 2.5 months then slowly starting becoming less but it's there everyday sometimes all day sometimes for a cpl hours usually when lying down it seems to subside a bit so it's similar to you. I know you said you had an MRI upcoming and was wondering if you'd share what it showed as my dr declined to give me any tests besides simple blood and urine and because I've had those done twice and they showed normal he chalked it up to as anxiety, problem is iv been on meds since September and havnt really made much progress as far as that symptom goes, the anxiety and most all other symptoms have gone except for this one and just so happens that this was/is the worst one for me overall and the kicker is usually when I'm super busy and don't have time to think I don't.l notice it but every second I have that I'm 100% occupied to the ceiling the thought of this is in my head almost like I'm anticipating it to come and it always does, I had a reffferal to neurologist but havnt gone and now have one to a physciatrist which I'm scheduling tmw but I really feel like a MRI is what I need which is prolly a sign of anxiety but I'm super freaked out that there's an issue with my brain and that thought once the symptom started in August had been the most constant and gives me the most stress. I know acceptance is a huge part of getting over the anxiety but when your not convinced it's only anxiety it's hard to accept it lol

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I also thought that having MRI will make me feel more secure that "it is just anxiety". MRI results were all fine and there was nothing that they found wrong about my brain. Still, they told me to do MRA test just in case and this one was all fine too. You probably think that I was completely assured that now it really is just anxiety, but I wasn't. I found some relief, but the symptoms were still there... Recently I started going on CBT. I learned a lot of things and became less scared about my symptoms. There are days that are better and days that are worse. Symptoms like dizziness are less frequent now, but shortness of breath is still constant and also a couple of others. Trying to talk it out with my good friends also helped me to get some relief. I hope you get better as soon as possible. I am still fighting and a lot of times I don't believe doctors, but I am trying my best to trust them. If you have any other question feel free to ask me.

• Posted

Have you tried meditating? Or I've been to see a therapist and she recommended tapping! YouTube tapping for anxiety and it really helps. Feel like a numpty doing it lol. But really helps smile

• Posted

Thanks for the reply ! No I haven't tried it yet. I heard a lot of good things about those two so I might give it a try !

• Posted

I'm not sure where in the country you are but I found some free meditation classes in my area. Maybe you could try having a look near you. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Remember anxiety is just an emotion, it can't hurt you. Kick it in the butt and don't let it win smile

• Posted

Thanks again ! Meditation and kick it in the butt checked ! smile

• Posted

You can buy relaxation tapes. If you lay on your bed, headphones attached, hands on belly to feel your tummy rise and fall as you practice your breathing, you may well find yourself falling asleep!
    • Posted

Hahaha. Clare, you sound like a dork. Just like I am. Just listening to some of your replies, you been able to calm me down.

Which was weird you weren't even talking to me.

Sometimes during an attack, my mind will constantly beat itself up. Telling itself your different from everyone and no body likes you, you'll never find anyone. Give up on being you.

So it was nice to silliness in your replies. But still be serious as helpful. I wished you could be my mediation buddy. 😊

• Posted

Aw honey, I'm really sorry you are so frightened!

Now listen. All those symptoms? Been there, got the T.shirt as have most people on this site. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. Test have shown you to be physically healthy. No brain tumour or any other such thing. You fear a mistake has been made because your symptoms are awful.  Everything you stated is a list of anxiety disorder symptons, exaggerated by adding panic to the equation.

I know this is hard to believe and takes some accepting. How can you have all those unpleasant physical symptoms and there not be anything seriously wrong with you? That's what you're thinking. It's what everyone thinks when first experiencing panic/anxiety disorder.

But, panic/anxiety disorder is in a sense, an illness. And just like with, say, the flue or measels or any such thing, it comes attached with physical symptoms. They are no less real because they are anxiety induced.

This site will be your crutch to help you. Read what others say. You will be surprised and relieved to learn you are not suffering anything everyone else on this site is suffering.

Be strong and everyone here will help smile

• Posted

Loved your response to Happyguy.  Well done! I do look forward to reading your replies.
    • Posted

Thank you so much ! Your reply really means a lot to me. The problem is that I still didn't have MRI and won't have it for months. My doctors believe there will be nothing special to see because of all the tests they have done to me so far... Which sounds great smile

The problem is that I have shortness of breath for more than 4 months now. Other symptoms were just added afterwards and have been becoming stronger and stronger as I was becoming more and more anxious. They also became constant now. 4 months ago I didn't really thought im anxious at all and I felt like I couldn't really inhale air (subconscious anxiety before maybe ?)

My problems with breathing just don't want to stop and that is making me really anxious. Still all the test show that my lungs work properly and my blood gets enough oxygen which gives some hope that treating anxiety will help.

Thanks again smile

• Posted

Happy guy, please hear this, ALL OF HAVE SHORTNESS OF BREATH !! That is either going to relieve you, or you just aren't ready to accept that we are all in the same boat, dealing with the same stuff and have to, at some point realize these fears are only thoughts, and lying ones at that. On some level we do get to the point when in the midst of the wierdness of anxiety, we can at least begin to laugh at ourselves.

You are not alone and never will be as long as you have these wonderful, caring, dedicated, compassionate people who only want help AND to help each other. We have to trust somebody sometime, and this is a good place to start. We are glad you are here and glad to help. Soon you will be responding to desperate people, and assuring them. I just know it. Hugs

• Posted

So many people try to find a reason for anxiety disorder without success. The first they are aware of it is when some strange and frightening physical symptom suddenly manifests itself. Then along with imagination running away with one, comes the fear.

I read your post very carefully. Whatever anxiety inducing gremlin lurked it appears it induced breathlessness in you. This is frightening. Then the fear induced added symptoms. It's like  a vicious circle I know . I understand.

Had the doctors any concerns believe you me you would not be awaiting months for an MRI. The lack of urgency suggests it is being done more for your peace of mind as opposed to any physical threat to your health and safety.

Most of the things we fear, such as tumours and the like, have symptoms that are apparent to doctors and this results in the speedy execution of necessary tests. We might all grumble and complain about doctors but they are not fools. They would swiftly pick up on anything untoward.

Like as not your breathlesness will plague you until your MRI is completed and your mind put at rest. Until then reassure yourself that the tests you have thus far had show you have nothing to fear but fear itself!

Your lungs are fine! Your blood is fine. This is good news. Try to gain some comfort from that. See the breathlessness as a pain in the ass but don't give it any importance or let it take over who and what you are. Horrible as it is, keep going, keep moving about to burn some of the adrenalin off. This will not worsen your breathing if you take it nice and slow and rest inbetween if it frightens you. Don't let it win. You can do it! I know you can. Just have a little faith.

People with anxiety/panic disorder are far from cowards. They suffer vile symptoms and what do they do? Do they scream and cry?  Do they give in?They do not. They carry on regardless, brave soldiers that they aresmile They come to this site to support each other!

You're in the "army" now

Hugs from Helen

• Posted

Aw shucks! Ize blushing, lol. I'm just a mouthy ole hag is all. Got an opinion on everything, that's me.

Joking apart, I remember when I first stumbled along the stony path of anxiety disorder...and very frightening it was too. I'd get rid of one symptom and another would pop up. I call it my gremlin. I don't like it, that gremlin. On the other hand neither does it like me.

i know just how poor Happyguy feels! Frightened, confused and terrified he has no control over what is happening to him. Once he comes to grips with the situation it will be more bearable. We've just all got to push him further along that road and give him the confidence to walk tall. He'll get there with our help, I'm sure.

• Posted

I love that you put the adrenaline comment in. I think a lot of poeple don't know that their adrenaline is pumping out of control, keeping them in fight or flight mode, and the stress that that produces causes it to continue, and the vicious circle goes round and round. I have a whole new understanding of the often used term, "vicious circle."

i look forward to reading more of your gems, and agree that Happyguy will keep coming on through, with our help, as we have both come through with the help of these wonderful people who "get it." Lots of love to you, Helen, and blessings.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for all theses words. You're awesome ! I didn't know that shortness of breath is common for others too. Small relief right here smile

• Posted

Thanks a ton ! I really respect the time you took to write this and help me out. You're are amazing ! Your words will definitely help me smile

• Posted

Hello dear friendsmile

I have been catching up on the comments and something struck me. Here's everyone rushing in to help, bless them, and I realized that the basic tool we need in our box to fight anxiety disorder is some measure of control.

One of the worst things when in the throes of anxiety is the feeling of helplessness.The "Why is this happening to me! " The inner voice that pleads for help whilst the body is assaulted by one or many grim symptoms.

Taking pro-active steps is vital and after reading the army of "helpers" comments I hope Happyguy realizes that. We are not totally lacking in control. We don't have to look to the doctors alone for a lifeline. True medication is the first step. I personally don't believe finding out what triggered it helps at all but that's just me. It's there and it's here to stay Unless we  grab it by the scruff of the neck and take a measure of control back.

Baby steps. Medication. Learning how to control our breathing. Not allowing the physical symptoms, no matter how awful, to batter us into a feeling of helplessness and submission. If they are there let them flow over you. They will pass if panic is not added to the mix. Distract one's self because the worst possible scenario is to slump in a chair and dwell upon them.

It's a long hard journey but deciding to take back some control, no matter how small, is a huge step forward.

Yes, there will be setbacks. We all suffer those. At such times this site and those who unselfishly "give" their support, is our lifeline.To read and re-read will reassure us.

And whilst I may well sound ludicrous, The Anxiety Army, as I like to think of us all, will march forward, in step, together.

• Posted

You are very welcome. I had the latest trying to catch my breath episode just a few minutes ago. Indeed it does help tremendously to know it's not just you going through going through something. It ha saved my butt often. Hugs to you, Happyguy

• Posted

Hi Sweetie,

Glorious summation. I can't tell you how I enjoy reading a gifted writer, expecially when their comments are right on target. If I didn't believe I was basically in charge of my own life, body and mind, I would be dead today.  I was told many years ago while in a hospital, that I was going to die, and when. I told them that if they believed that, then the fact that I didn't believe that and would not die would look like a miracle, because I intended to be one. Here I am 40 years later. Now you see why I loved your message. I agree 100%

You sound like a terrific person, wise, self assured and with a terrific sense of humor,,, and able to laugh at yourself,lol and life itself. What a gal.

Hugs and smoochies to you, dear one

• Posted

Hmm, just as well I have a sense of humor! For years I have had my hair in a chin length bob and then, feeling down and having a bad day, I went mad and had a pixie cut sad

I hate it!

My sons, my extended family tell me they love it. It's modern. It makes me look younger they say.

They lie so beautifully because they love me. Truth is I look like a demented hedgehog. Like I haven't got enough to worry about with my anxiety disorder now I've got at least six months of bad hair days to contend with and stress over!.

Whoever said short hair is easy wants flogging. I get up in the morning and look like I've been plugged into an electrical socket overnight.

Oh woe is me? Anyone out there got a wig going cheap? Sob...

• Posted

Just curious what type of medication you are refering to. Thanks!
    • Posted

Thank you Helen for your advice . Also helped me ! It's nice to know , that everybody here can count on support people like you ! Thank you 🌞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.