Constant vaginal bleeding 5 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have bled constantly since the birth of my son 19/03/2011 with maybe a window of 4/5days a month with light spotting. Doctors have had me every contraceptive. Had the marina coil applied in 2013. Reffered to gynaecology had my cervix cauterised in 2014. This also failed. The doctor then advised me to take the pill as well as the marina coil. I requested a hysterectomy as I have two children and not wanting anymore but got declined.

In their words I will just have to learn to live with it!! Two years later I am still constantly bleeding my relationships have broken down as there is no physical relation. I am completely fed up/depressed about my situation and I have had enough. Is there anything at all u can recommend? Thank you

Rebecca Hudson

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bekki88,

why have the doctors declined to give you a hsteerectomy?? HAve you had your iron levels checked?

I feel for you! You are very brave.

Just take lots of iron and magnesium and vitamin c.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Hiya. They said it wasn't worth the health risks because of my age!! Surely it's got to be better than bleeding constantly

• Posted

You need a new gynocologist fast. You bleeding that long is very dangerous !! You could become anemic and sick. Did they do a uterine biopsy! Or do a uterine ultrasound? Both of those need to be done immediately !! I highly recommend getting a new gynocologist immediately! Keep us updated
    • Posted

Yep I've had both and they didn't find anything that could cause it. They gave me the pill to take as well as having the marina but I didn't fancy putting all the hormones into my system 😊

• Posted

I know the thought of putting progesterone into your system is scary but it honestly may. E a dream come true. Because if you've had a biopsy and ultrasound and both. And back clear. It's more than likely out of control estrogen that's causing the bleeding. So with the mirena and its progesterone it will balance that out. You could try it. The mirena is easily removeable. Good luck. Keep me updated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.