constantly convincing myself that I'm dying. So scared it's unreal.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I lost my dad 2 years ago in a tragic accident and since then I feel responsible for everyone left behind. I am constantly worried sick about something happening to me and not being here for me little girl and mam ETC.

I always feel like I'm dying, paid privately to see consultants and still a few weeks later convincing myself there's something else wrong.

No one seems to understand how this feels. I get up and go to work every morning without fail. In a daze most of the time.

This time I think I've got bone cancer and lung cancer. I'm 26 and smoke so I'm my own worse enemy. The smoking helps with my anxiety. Does anyone else feel like this? Xxx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Maybe its from the media with all this smoking and you die stuff. Half of it is genetics anyway. You most likely dont feel very well and then health anxiety triggers
  • Posted

I have felt this way since I was about your AGE..I'm 51 now..

Try to get counseling and medication that will help you...I would never listen to counselors...and I would never taken medication as prescribed..(I knew better).

Finally at like 41...I started taking the medication...Everything is not erased...I still think I'm dying alot...but not 1/2 as much as I used to...and I'm older..now...so you would think it would get worse.

If you go for your annual physical...and blood work doesn't change..tell yourself...your ok...we can bring stuff on by thinking negative...all the time..and I wish I didn't say that to you...but someone said it to me....try to think positive..and positive things happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.