Constantly find myself making up negative scenarios in my head

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi everybody I was just wondering if someone could help me identify what this is or maybe relate...

I am always finding myself making up negative scenarios in my mind.. Not even knowing I'm doing it. For instant trance.. Whenever I'm driving I always see myself getting into an accident and then having someone call my fiancé and have to tell him I died or that I was very hurt in the hospital after an accident or that I was just plainly in an accident and then see him come flying to the scene. Or I think of seeing him at my funeral after that... Or somethin else like thinking of the scenario that my brother didn't wake up one morning and he OD on drugs. Having to call his girl fend. Or about id anything God forbid happened to my grandma and how that would all go... It's really all vivid and very thought out whenever this happens it's crazy... It really scares me to catch myself constantly finding myself thinking about this stuff.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was wondering if there was something specifically called for something like this.
  • Posted

I know what you mean, i always think of the worst scenarios too, like whenever i get pain, i feel like m never going to make it thru. I always think that m going to die anytime soon. Everything i do its like it shows me that m about to die. I do wish i could erase this negative thoughts in my mind but i can't.
  • Posted

Hello Nikki, are you stressed? seems that you have fear of dying. Did something happened to you recently? I have been like that for a while ever since i got married, living in constant fear of the worst happening. please seek counselling because severe anxiety gives panic attack later on, just as I am having now.
    • Posted

Hi rach, I mean I myself don't feel stressed maybe I am in the back of my mind I do have slot of stuff going on... But this has been happening for years. I'm 22 and it's been happening since I was probably 18 as far as I could really remember. but I also had home problems since I was as little as I could remember as well. I would go to a counselor but I can't afford it right now.
    • Posted

You still have time dear cause persistent anxiety worsten into panic disorder with time. Try do some meditation or go out with friends, i mean change your lifestyle keep yourself happy.  Drink camomille tea to get relax n all. Don;t let your thoughts take over you.fight it :D
    • Posted

I have to disagree with you over persistent anxiety worsening into panic disorder. Can't disagree with the other comments though. 

• Posted

It seems you have some kind of anxiety. I do that too and have been ever since I started dating my current partner but I know mine stems from childhood physical and mental/emotional abuse. I have seen a therapist and it refreshed me in my coping skills. It still happens to me, my dreams will usually consist of us separating as a result of an intense arguement or infidelity or whatever or if I'm just bored during the day my mind will wander. I have general anxiety too though. I've been actively dealing with anxiety for about 4-5 years, while it has never really gone away, I've learned how to manage it well so my anxious experiences aren't so intense, although I do still experience intense periods. See a therapist, they'll teach you how to cope.
    • Posted

I've grown up with the same childhood as well. Mine are just usually my mind wandering in the day or literally just come to me as I'm driving I'm not even wandering idk it's hard to explain that part bc i am totally paying attention but I have had maybe only a handful of dreams with it .. Last one was of my brother ODing at school and people dragging him across the floor, I woke up in an anxiety attack not able to breath. Hyper ventalating. My anxiety became noticeable about 5 or so years ago. (Surprising as I've been abused physically and mentally/verbally my whole life) wasn't sure how It just came out of nowhere so strongly to me. I would like to go see someone I don't want to be prescribed anything but I would like help on how to manage it all.
    • Posted

Yeah so my anxiety didn't manifest until about 4-5 years ago which I've been told by two counselors that it's not unheard of, like delayed on-set PTSD. But yeah, I usually don't intentionally think about those things but when it starts to wiggle its way into my mind, I take it and go from 0-100 mph on that idea in the worst way possible. CBT has definitely helped manage those though, before I'd go days stuck on those ideas and now, it's usually just that moment and sometimes it'll linger but not to the point that I'm bothered by it. Therapy definitely helps, especially if the therapist is good. I've been lucky to have good therapists first time arounds so I can't exactly tell you what a bad therapist is although I could speculate. I'm hesitatant to take meds for that too but about a year ago, I did end up taking an anti-depressant for about 2-3 months as like a running start then I began to ween myself off as soon as I was able to manage it mentally.
  • Posted

It sounds like anxiety, learning coping skills helps so much. I deal with same thoughts everyday, you not alone. I tell you keep yourself busy and happy.
  • Posted

I have the same problem. I have GAD. Obsessive thinking is part of it.  She told me that it is part of an OCD personality. Anxiety will cause intrusive, obsessive thoughts

• Posted

What is GAD? I went to the dermatologist for my acne it's not terrible but I make it worse by picking at it constantly and he told me it was a form of OCD. And I searched things about this before posting here and I found stuff saying OCD I wasn't sure tho if it had a specific name or anything. And I know I have anxiety I grew up in an abusive home father was physically and mother verbally. But my anxiety became very noticeable about my junior year in high school so about 5 or so years ago. I just never have went and actually seen anybody about any of it.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm only a teen but have had scenarios replay in my head, more so at night and when I'm alone, mainly when I hear a noise even when it's from the house itself I always think the worst like someone I don't know potentially dangerous is in my house or it's something paranormal, I am into crime and paranormal films and programmes so this may be the influence but I had these scenarios before I got into all of these programmes. I also think these even if I catch someone walking past the window or someone is coincidentally going to the same place as me in town. These scenarios can be shaken off eventually but always come back and at night it causes me great difficulty getting to sleep unless I'm extremely tired. Like I say it's probably down to the tv and videos I watch but these scenarios I just can't shake off 100%!

• Posted

Same it's been happening for me as long as I can rememeber (13 yrs old) I'm not that into paranormal or crime films as you but everything else is the same like my parents are divorced and right now I'm sleeping at my dads house (regular) and I can't sleep/keep on waking up and the hallway light has been on for so long and I've been thinking that the house might be getting robbed and I'd have to lock my door and I'd accidently lock it on my Dad and step mom trying to escape and I'd already be out of my window and then have to run through my neighborhood potentially from someone that just killed my Dad, step mom and step brother. This isn't even that bad I can remember from when I was in about 2nd grade that I'd think during a lockdown drill we would all throw our pencils at the door then I'd drift off and think if I was near the door when it happen then I would jump at them then eventually I would've drifted so far as to think that I'm the intruder. Sometimes I used to think of things as bad as killing my own family and planning it out for the exact situation now when I do think of alternate scenarios they're only like minor crimes. I don't know why I didn't use this website before when I had thought of these things and they were as bad as they were but, I do feel better after typing this up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.