Constipation

Posted , 8 users are following.

My son Kanya was 10months old when he started suffering from constipation, he is now 20months old and still no different. when we took him to the doctors at 1st he was given medicene called Lactulose but that made no difference so was put onto senna but that made no difference either so he was given a powder medicene to put in juice but because that didnt work he had to be put on a stronger medicene called sodium picosulfate, he is still on this medicene it helps him ope his bowels daily but its as though he depends on it now coz if he doesnt have it he just wont open his bowels. he recently had a hospital app. and the doctor sed kanya could be on this medicene for another year or so!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry too much, I know thats easier said than done. My daughter suffered similar, started with consitpation when she was a baby, but we didn't really pick up on it as she would open her bowels, but only about twice per week. My daughter is now on Movicol sachets - 3-4 per day (she is now 5 years old) and it really gets things working. Is this what you have tried for your son? We did try the SP but that didn't really work for us. It is a very long drawn out process I'm afraid and you just have to keep with it. Try to look at the other side of his personality and not just the pooing side!!! It does take over your life but it will get better - I promise! At the end of they day - when he grows up a bit he will be able to take control for himself - so many grown ups suffer with constipation but are able to deal with it. Its a whole new world for us!!
  • Posted

My son is 3 in 3 weeks and since birth had had problems with doing no 2 its not that it comes out solid its soft. he can try all day just trying to do 1 he strains n sometimes bleeds he constantly in pain when he trys. its so discomforting to watch him he been on movicol for a while now n it seems to do nothing for him. he has stopped eating well as i think he is really backed up with it n my doc dont seem to do anything about it. ANY ADVICE WELCOME X
  • Posted

My LO has constipated when he was 2. Attempted several remedies but still no sign of getting better. After I switched my formula milk to Mamil, stool has softer during the constipated period. Also, he has no more hard belly and back to active stage no more lying on the bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.