Contact dermatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have wrinkly sore finger tips/pads that feel like I've scalded them. GP has given me a steroid cream to use twice daily. Not sure what the irritant is.......anyone got any tips or suggestions ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure you have done some research so at the risk of telling you something you already know, gluten can cause this do you could try a gfree diet; it could be Fungal or connected to thyroidism. What does your GP say?

• Posted

In my case the irritant turned out to be washing-up liquid, any harsh detergent, and even liquid soap. If you have a contact dermatitis typically the index fingers and the thumbs are the worst affected. You could try to keep  a record of what detergents and soaps your hands come into contact with. 
  • Posted

Hi

Patch testing is the way to find out, in the meantime follow P.E.A.S.

keep a journal, note absolutely everything, what you eat, what utensils were used to cook/eat, where you went, what rooms you were in, who you were around (you are exposed to their products), what you did, etc etc. Hopefully you will find something

Also watch out for TSW/RSS with the steroids.

God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.