Contact lenses ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My optician has told me I can wear contacts lenses despite dry eyes but reading books it tells you this is not recommended. Does anyone out there wear them?

Thanks

Samantha.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Both true.

Commonest reason for giving up on contact lenses is dry eye syndrome.   However many people get by using preservative free artificial tears like Refresh or Hylo-fresh to overcome the discomfort or gritty sensation.

People with severe dry eyes may get protection by reducing evaporation by wearing silicone hydrogel contact lenses. e.g. Purevision from Bausch and Lomb.

• Posted

I do have those sort of lenses, as yet unopened but am afraid they will stick to me eyes!   This SJROGENS is a real nightmare. Don't you think?

• Posted

Hello,

I have just been diagnosed with sjogrens and my optician has strongly recommended that I do not have contact lenses due to the eye problems related to this syndrome

• Posted

I wear contact lenses.  They are only good for a month. I dont sleep in them, but I  do work  with computers. Your  eyes do dry out from reading,as well as being in air conditioning, or running a fan.  I feel that it depends on the person.  I like wearing my contacts.  I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.