Contraception

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have put had an inplant since Monday and had unprotected sex on Wednesday is there any risk will i hve to take morningafter pill?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would get the morning after pill definitely to be sure, I was told it takes seven days for the implant to become effective and to use something else until then. The doctor actually said it should be fine after four days but two days is well risking it !! At least you have up to 72 hours after the event to  take the morning after pill. I have researched and tried loads of different contraceptives and nearly all of them don't become effective for seven days at the minimum, some even longer, eg the mini pill which in my case was a wait of 21 days. I had the implant nexplanon put in  in feb this year and was told seven days, regardless of whether you go straight from another type of contraceptive to the implant there is a wait for it to kick in. We just decided to abstain for the week !    
    • Posted

Today is too late not to take the morning after

Pill !?

• Posted

It has to be taken within 72 hours of you having unprotected sex which is  3 days max so you should still have time depending on the exact time on wednesday that it happened. You can literally count the hours out. I am sure chemists can now sell this pill without prescription or need to see a doctor. Depending where you live you could visit a walk in centre this evening for example and see a doctor and get one. I wouldn't hang about, if it happened later in the day on Wednesday you could get to a chemist or request an emergency appointment with your gp first thing in the morning, your emergency being the time factor ! good luck hope this helps and try not to panic too much. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.