Contraceptive Implant, Nexplanon

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had an implant for a few years now and have just had it changed... The thing is I am getting alot of discharge and have for a long time. I dont know if it is at all related... can anybody help... I have been a little embarrassed to go and ask anybody about it but think I need to ,,, I just wanted to know if anybody new anything about it and could maybe help with any symtoms etc that I might be getting. I am on an anti deppressant called mirtazapine but have been putting on alot of weight... I have also heard people say they have gained weight because of the implant is this true... 

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks, Jade 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Heya jade is that the mirena coil tour on about hun ? x
    • Posted

Hi Hun, No it is an implant in my arm... do you know anything about this?x
  • Posted

Hi Jade,

I gained a ton of weight within two months of having the Implanon inserted. I was very active at the time and was at a nice weight, then all went down hill after Implanon.

After two years I couldn't shift the weight and also within the first year I was diagnosed with depression but I don't know if I can link that to Implanon because I moved on from that after a few months.

My weight gain however was 100% because of the Implanon.

I hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi Lea,

I have been in Nexplannon for 6 months now and too put on weight and I am trying really hard to shift it.  Did you lose weight once you came off the implant?  The things is  I actuall like it as a contraceptive as I don't know what else to try - any advice?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi, I am on my first implant Nexplanin and been on it for 6 months now.  I like it and only bled once in January and have had nothing since.  However I have gained weight whilst I have been on it. I don't get discharge or anything at the moment.  Do you think maybe because you have had it changed it might have upset your cycle for a while?
  • Posted

I'm on the Nexplanon implant, and honestly weight gain is a side effect to all birth control. If you don't want to gain weight and want to keep a steady weight then don't get on birth control just use condoms. Yes you gain weight from the implant, but from doing research it really all depends on hormones for how your period is. I have had discharge and most of it was just normal discharge, nothing to be really concerned about. If it starts becoming a weird color and your concerned about then I would talk to a nurse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.