Contracted genital herpes from oral sex.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I contracted genital herpes from someone who had a cold sore and performed oral sex on me. The cold sores were not visible and he did not even tell me he got cold sores. I never got cold sores in my life until I started dating him. We have been together 3 months and have been sexual for the most part of the three months. I didn't get the herpes virus until about a week before the 3 month mark. I am having a hard time underatanding what I've read about this online. I believe I have hsv1 on my genitals and mouth, but I do not understand how that is possible. I thought hsv-1 only showed up on one location on the body? And I don't understand the difference between hsv-1 and hsv-2. Also is there any way it could be spread to other parts of the body? I have just gotten over my first outbreak (on mouth and genitals) and now I am wondering if it is safe to have intercourse or oral or to even touch my genitals. Is there anyone who has had hsv-1 for a while and can tell me what I might be able to expect regarding outbreaks? And if so, how is your sex life now? Any responses would be greatly appreciated, as I am quite beside myself on the matter. Also, does anyone have any personal experience with the medication that is available for this virus? I'm curious on how effective it is. Thanks so much.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well yeah from what i heard u can have the virus in both oral and genitals

jusy know things do get better and the first out break is the worst.

Anti viral meds work for me although sometimes i still get ob but for like 2-3 days

If you touch a so always wash your hands after

As for sex for me ive became very sensetive and get vaginal fissures with rough sex.

But i heard hsv1 on the genitals is less sever that hsv2 

• Posted

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge... lol. But what are vaginal fissures?
  • Posted

dont be sorry i lacked alot in knowledge about things until i got  H. they are like irritaion, kinda like minor cuts n the vagina usually heal in 2-3 days 
  • Posted

Hi! I have hsv1. Before it was said that hsv1 was cold sores and hsv2 was genital herpes. Now you can get both in both places. I was shocked to but i did a lot if research. My initial outbreak was really bad. But my outbreaks now actually look like a cold sore when it first arrives and it itches like crazy. Once the blister pops its hurts and burns. I still have sex but i make sure to use protection and never during an outbreak. I also get the vaginal fissures. Overall yes the outbreaks are a pain in the butt but it gets better. I dont take the meds. I drink lots of water and take vitamins and probiotics. Exercise and eat as healthy as i can.
    • Posted

My outbreak was absolutely horrible the first time. I couldn't pee or walk or do anything normal. Mine looked like cold sores as well and also itched like crazy when it popped. It was really swollen and I actually just got over the outbreak early last week...thank God. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had this and how many outbreaks have you had? I'm really worried about having the horrible feelings I had the first time when my next outbreak shows up. I feel a lot better now, but I've heard every outbreak can bring a person back into the dumps again. Do you experience that? How do you emotionally deal with it?
    • Posted

My second outbreak wasn't nearly as bad as the first. It just itched a lot. I do get depressed everytime i get an outbreak but what can i do about it? So i just keep going on with life. It will get better and i hear the outbreaks get less and less over time. Idk i just take it one day at a time and try not to kill the person who infected me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.