Convinced I'm dying of cancer. I just don't feel right.

Posted , 106 users are following.

So it all started just over 3 weeks ago I had a shooting pain in my head followed by my whole body going weak and numb-like, I panicked!!! After that I haven't been right. I've had shooting pains all over my body, tingles mainly in the left hand, dizziness, smoky vision, flutters under the skin, scared that my limbs were ganna stop working so iv constantly been checking them, I now have pain on both sides of my abdomen under my ribs and I constantly and I mean constantly feel soooo sick! I've been to 4 diffo docs all of which say it's my anxiety! They've only checked my blood pressure and pulse felt my tummy etc how can they be so sure? 

Pic honestly feel sooo I'll im not getting out of bed I can't eat ... I think I'm on the verge of having a breakdown! Everyone around me has had enough but they don't understand how sick I feel! sad 

anyone ever very honestly felt like they were physically ill all day everyday from anxiety? Someone please reply !!! 

7 likes, 137 replies

137 Replies

Next
  • Posted

rhianna - i really feel for you that you feel so terribly and don't feel like you can trust the doctors' opinions. i believe you that you feel terribly, but i also think that your doctors are probably also right. are you on any meds to help you calm down? is it possible to do a therapy? your anxiety is really taking away your own quality of life. i wonder why you feel that you cannot trust the doctors when they check you? i also have health anxiety but am able to believe my doctors. it helps to be able to let go of the fear - but the first step is a leap of faith. if you can manage that first step of trusting their training and experience, then maybe you can focus on feeling better. i hope you find relief soon.
    • Posted

I just don't believe they have done enough tests to determine whether what I feel is anxiety or something more, I just don't believe it. I'm on anti depressants and my dose has been upped for the last 11 days but I feel worse than ever 😿xxx
    • Posted

I know this is over a year ago but have you found out what's the cause of your symptoms. Did it turn out to be really anxiety? I'm so scared because I havent been feeling right and doctors tell me it's anxiety

• Posted

I felt like it since May last year and it's getting no better ive tried alsorts of different antidepressants and nothing's working I feel ill every single day blurred vision weak legs tingling it's horrid but I had the same thing 2 years ago it got better but it's taking forever
    • Posted

yeah that's what worries me because my anti depressants stopped working and they upped them but now I'm worried they ain't going to work, I've been on them now for 11 dayssad hope you feel better soon xx
  • Edited

Rhianna honestly it really is anxiety.  Many years ago I was convinced I had a cancer of the lymph nodes, convinced isn't a strong enough word, I KNEW I had cancer in  my mind.  I had the lumps, I felt so weak and ill. That was 17 years ago and hey I'm still here.  Many visits to the doctor who were all talking crap (my opinion at the time).  I just could not accept that it was anxiety.  Let me tell you that YES anxiety really can cause all these physical symtoms.  I still struggle now with it from time to time and I could literally write a book on all the symptoms I have felt at one time or another.  Until you truly accept that this is anxiety it will never get any better for you.  Once you accept you are the type of person who struggles with this issue it will get better.  Perhaps you will need meds to help, I certainly do and there is no shame in it.  
    • Posted

ive been taking meds for fours years and its like they have stopped working, they upped my dose 11 days ago but I feel awful. How long did it take you to get out of feeling like that?!? Xxx
    • Posted

Hi. I created an account just to reply to your post. I'm currently experiencing the same anxiety you experienced 17 years ago; I'm convinced I have lymphoma. I felt discomfort under my left arm for a few weeks and was sure I could feel a lump. I finally went to the doctor and she claimed she couldn't "feel anything". I had an ultrasound and they did find a swollen node. That was two weeks ago and I've been in mental purgatory. I'm having a CT scan and mammogram (I'm male) tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm convinced that my body is mostly malignant tumors at this point. I notice every pain, lump, itch, stomach pain, sore muscle, stiff joint; it's all cancer-caused. I just can't imagine that I DON'T have terminal cancer. I do have OCD and have voluntarily hospitalizated myself once because I was obsessing so bad about something non - medical that I was convinced I had done that turned out not to have occurred. It's no comfort knowing that I have anxiety and I can't believe that "it's all in my head" despite my mental health history.
    • Posted

Hey Louise I'm glad your ok. I've been going through the exact same thing that you described. I feel a lump(not imaginary) fatigue, depressed, anxious every day and especially at night. Was wondering if the lump wasn't cancer then what was it? I'm scared to even go see a doc or tell anyone and need some advice. Any help is appreciated.

• Posted

Hello,

Can I pm you? I have a lot to share, because I have a lot in common with you...Do you have an email address I can send you an email?

Thanks,

Diana

• Posted

Reading your comment is a breath of fresh air. I worry about having a heart attack all of the time. Every symptom I have leads me to believe it's my heart. Tonight as I sat on the couch, the upper middle part of my back (between my shoulder blades) started hurting almost like a muscle spasm. Suddenly and out of no where. Then it started hurting in the middle of my chest. So of course my mind starts racing, I begin to panic, and my mind plays through scenarios of my husband and daughter rushing me to the ER, etc. It has been about 30 mins and im feeling more relaxed now. My back is still uncomfortable but it's bearable. A lot of times during these panic episodes I feel the need to have a bowel movement. Does anyone else ever have this? I'm so tired of anxiety. I take Prozac daily and Ativan as needed. It helps a lot
    • Posted

hi louise i read your reply to rhianna and you seem to have had anxiety for a long time? is so horrible !! ive had it for 8 years and so many different symptoms lost count but i thought i was doing ok and dealing with it. untill the last few months when i had a flickering in my eyes as if the light bulbs would turn on an off very quickly an some blurred vision i was so worried about a brain tumor. then i started getting weird feeling in my head. pressure , pain in head , headaches tingling in foot twitching in one eye and just weird vision oh an off balance .. have you ever experienced this??
    • Edited

Hello whitney,

I am on the same situation. I struggle everyday with anxiety. I also have been having some physical symptoms that are making my anxiety get worse. For about two months now I have been having burning pain in my upper abdomen and I also suffer from what I think is GERD. I have a 5 month old baby and after her birth my GERD became worse to the point that now I can not easily swollow liquids and I feel a lump in my throat. I keep burping and since 2013 I am dizzy everyday all day long. I have had tons if tests done and at one point I was convinced that I had some sort of heart disease so I saw a cardiologist and everything was normal. Now I sm convinced that I have throat cancer, or some sort of gastrointestitanal cancer. The only abnormal blood test that I have had was that my liver enzymes where elevated. I immediately thought I had liver cancer also. I am so tired of struggling through this every day. I live eveyday checking myself to see if everything is ok with my pulse, I check to see if I still feel my body parts. But I still have no answer as to why I am having this abdominal pain and dysphagia.I cry so much because I cant inagine leaving my little girl alone.

• Posted

Dear Rubi

I never really had real anxiety disorder till I had my son in 2010...I guess it would probably be considered post partum depression. Anyways, I always thought my baby was gonna die from SIDS or some horrible disease I was always taking him to the doctor they knew me there very well...probably thought I was a freak! I eventually calmed down but then I started thinking I was gonna die!!! In my mind I've had every form of cancer....currently in my mind I have throat cancer I can barely swallow my neck muscles are tight and ache and have weird twingy feelings in my throat and feel like my lymphnodes are huge...5 months ago I was so freaked out by it I finally went to a ent and he shoved a camera down my nose to my throat and all he saw was a self induced muscle spasm from stress and anxiety plus some acid because I've always had reflux. I feel you girl I'm in the sane boat as you its a mental hell... No one knows till they've experienced it

• Posted

Hello and thank you for your reply. My whole anxiety problems began in 2012 when one day I took medicine for period cramps and I had a panic attack after that. My parents called an ambulance because they thought I had had a reaction to the pills. In 2014 my anxiety was a bit better but I still had ocassional episodes of panic and anxiety but I managed to get through them on my own. At the end of 2014 I got pregnant and amazingly throughout my pregnancy my anxiety got better and almost completely dissapeared. But after I gave birth I had several infections and my heart always races when I get sick. It goes up to 120 at rest. Since then I went back to having anxiety and sometimes I get so depressed and I think Im going to die and my baby will be without a mother. The problems with swollowing began in november 2015 when I had a cold I was coughing alot and decided to drink water. Since my nose was stuffy and i have tons of phlegm in my throat I almost choked on water. Since then i seem to not be able to pass water and liquids. I burp alot and also like you suffer from reflux everyday. I take ranitidine and does not help. I just cant take all this anymore. I am down to my bones. I look like a skeleton and i cant gain weight. People tell me its cause of my anxiety that I am thin. I am conviced that I have something terrible going on.
    • Posted

Hello,

I know you wrote this over a year ago but currently I am convinced that I'm dying from the C word. I'm losing so much weight, no appetite, diarrhea, fatigued, I feel lumps that I've check at the doctor and nothing concerning to them. Now my whole body is itching but I have no rash. I've had panic attacks last month which left me in the ER. I get chills and I'm always so so weak. My left leg is aching and the list goes on and on and on.... doctors tell me it's all anxiety and told me to get on medication. Are you on medication? I'm also reaching out to you to see how are you doing now? Do you feel better?

• Posted

Hi moni

I'm experiencing the exact same feelings 😢

Mine started last December whilst I was on holiday in Rome.

I had little shooting pains across my heart & since then my life as been a downward spiral.

Iv had every illness known to man, motor neurones, brain tumour, ovarian cancer! The list goes on!

But since Jan my pelvis has been agony, along with my right hip!

Iv had ct scan and full blood tests in May and all returned normal!

But now I'm in so much pain with it and am actually convinced I'm not gunna be here by Xmas!

I'm not on any meds and don't want to be. I just want to feel normal and be back to myself again

I'm currently suffering with 'what Iv diagnosed myself with ' gerd

As soon as I'm out of bed the burping starts, as soon as I eat/drink I'm burping and farting!

Would really like to speak to someone who's going through the same 😢😢

• Posted

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I'm a 54 yr old woman. I've lost the best part of my life through having cancer phobia. I've had almost everything checked, scanned and X rayed. But every twinge,ache and pain is cancer of where it's situated. I got a good bit better over the last couple of years. But I just lost my Dad and pet in same month and my phobia is back through the roof. This time my GP has put me on Prozac. She said I'm going into depression and wants to try to stop it before it gets worse. I'm going into hospital tomorrow for an op on my uterus. I have a polyp and an area they arnt sure about that they want to take a closer look at. So Ofcourse straight away, I've convinced myself it's cancer. This anxiety is debilitating, I'm so so tired of feeling worried. I want it all to end to get some peace in my life.

• Edited

I feel the same exact way...I think Im sick and its crazy..you guys have made me cry because someone has finally explained how I've been feeling for an entire year down to the T.... I need to go get meds from my doctor!

• Posted

I've been through this for the last couple of years I suppose since I had my first child and my mother died of cancer ind even bet last year so it's got so much worse. I worry every time I feel a twitch in my body. My dr had said it's anxiety and acid reflux. Currently I have a lump in my throats and I thought I had cancer but my dr days it will pass. I'm currently on setraline but it's good to talk to others ( first time for me)

• Posted

Hi everyone, I know this might be old but I'm really looking for some advice/reassurance. I'm a 19 year girl, I'm 5'9 and a average weight/build. I've been feeling the exact same as all of ye the past few weeks. I am fully convinced I have type 2 diabetes and can't shake it. I feel like I'm going insane, it's the only thing I think about 24/7 and can't stop myself from crying constantly. The only symptom I have is tingly/cold hands and feet but I've googling every night and feel like I keep finding new symptoms I have! I don't eat chocolate, sweets but I did drink a lot of fizzy drinks before and I feel like that's why I have it. I can't stop myself from looking up how many people have died, had limbs amputated etc. Everyone is telling me I have anxiety and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to finally put my mind at ease. Even though I kind of understand that I don't have diabetes I can't stop myself from going insane 😩

• Posted

Hi im going thrpugh this exact same thing at the moment, message me x
    • Posted

I realize it's been 2+ years since your comment was posted. I have the exact same mind set as you whenever I feel anything "abnormal" with my body. I've gone to the emergency room plenty of times to know that my heart is ok but still I am "positive" I'm about to have a heart attack.

Are you ok? Was it your heart? How did you cope with this? Therapy helps me, meds do not help.

• Posted

Hi.... Hope u read my message... I feel the same feeling u have in this comment box.. Are u still suffering from this??? Hope to hear from you... Thank you .
    • Edited

Hi how are...i was reading your message and was wondering hpw are you getting along...im so afraid im dying of some undiagnosed cancer. I am a mother of 3 children and i worry about leaving them behind...i think of cancer every day and i am constantly checking my body. Did you het your heart checked how was everything
    • Posted

Hi I feel the same way I have water like feelings in my body and upper back pain by the shoulder blade my under arms ache and both my arms hurt I’m so scared I have cancer I don’t know what to do! I had blood work done X-rays cat scans I just don’t no I’m waiting to get a mri I’m just so scared!
    • Posted

Hi I know the feeling I can't sleep and sit up every night the doctors don't care they just make up things all they say is anxiety so

Funny I believed them and today went to a psychiatrist who then told me this is a physical problem and I had no psych problems at all ..... in the meantime I started doing a lot of reading and stumbled across and article on candida i demanded my pcp test me for it he was reluctant but I wouldn't leave so he did today at 6pm tonight he calls me and tells me I tested positive for it and gave me a 21 day medicine for it ..... I'm not confident this is the source of my probs but will repost after treatment ...... hang in there plz it's the worst I've lost my job and half my life over the past 6 months 

• Posted

I have sleep apnea and I have trouble adjusting to the mask and lately I've felt winded and tingling in my hands and feet and my anxiety is through the roof I don't wanna go anywhere because I'm scared I'll have breathing issues and die and It also makes me have to use the toilet often

• Posted

i know this is so old but reading this is as if you are in my head explaining how i feel right now!!

• Edited

Hello Whitney,

I made an account just so I can reply to this, I hope this helps!

I've been dealing with both Generalized Anxiety disorder and some form of Panic disorder for about 5 years now, and I've noticed that during or after every 'attack' I end up urgently needing to use the restroom. I now use this as a bit of a confirmation of what the episode was. My theory is that the fight-or-flight chemicals released by the brain (adrenaline and such) during a panic or anxiety attack causes the bowels to get moving at a much quicker pace, resulting in diarrhea. Probably a survival technique to allow us to run away from an attacker/predator(since after a bowel movement, we are lighter and it's easier on our bodies to run!). Well, no matter what the purpose is for it, it never fails to indicate a panic attack. In other words, you are not going to die, this is completely normal.

• Posted

Hi Rubi,

i realise it has been a ling time since you posted, but i feel that i am going through a very similar situation to you now, and i feel completely helpless. The dysphagia is driving me to tears, and i have two little children that i cant stop worrying about. Hopeful tour experience might give me some answers or a way yo get on top of things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.