COPD and stem cell

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had stem cell treatment for COPD please. I am having the treatment in 2 weeks time and will be the 1st in NZ to have it so am of course quite nervous.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No but tell us if it works..I would love to breathe easier. 
  • Posted

No, but I have been reading about it for many years, and am very curious about it..please keep us updated about your progress after having stem cells put in your lungs! Good luck! 
  • Posted

No I haven't but can you please let me know how it goes I have COPD and have had asthma my whole life and I don't know why but my lungs have gotten to the point where even prednisone doesn't work much for me I am suppose to be on the ventilator 4 times a day use my puffer in between and steroid puffer at night so far it's just keeping me out of hospital but barely. I'd really like as much info as you can give me on how it works for you?

• Posted

I havent found anyone who had it done but check out the lung institute at 888-494-5910 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.