Coping

Posted , 4 users are following.

Thank you for your responses. I take Lamotrigine 250mg ER once a day. It seems to take the edge off, until night time. However, my Big question is, how do you cope with this disease? For example, what do you do during the day? Work, take walks, volunteer somewhere, something to take your mind off this monster! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The only thing that ever helped me other than loads of tegretol was focusing on something else. Be it work, leisure, whatever, my mind wandering to something that either needed my attention or something I just really got wrapped up in was my way out of the pain. I went to the beach last summer in the middle of a bad touch of pain and was able to have a great week because I just relaxed and let the ocean/sun/sand/women sweep me away.
  • Posted

Greg,

I suspect you are a younger person in first half of life. I'm definitely in the second.

When not debilitating try to remember there are worse things. If you have to, get to the ER.

eddie13

• Posted

I work alot I have two jobs an im friends with alot of people that support me and help me with my problems also take a lot of medication that really helps. keeping your mind occupied that helps me a lot also at night time it doesn't bother me I can sleep just fine but during the day is when I mostly noticed the monster

• Posted

Hi,

I work part time, walk a lot and read, until the ophpthalmic branch flares up! I generally do a lot of resting due the the autoimmune condition often wiping me out. I also do cryptic crosswords and lots of other puzzles, gardening when my joints don't hurt too much. I take lots and lots of pills. I try to just get on with life. I cook from scratch most of the time, mainly to eat healthily but also to use up the time and then I take more pills! Oh and sleep, with the benefit of more pills, yay!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.