cordarone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been put on Cardarone after complaining of palpitations after angioplasty.The palpitations have stopped and hence wish to know if I can stop the same.Also after stopping whether I will get back the palpitations?

Plaese help.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Firist thing to say is that you must be guided by your consultant or whoever prescrivbed this drug - it is not something you can decide to stop yourself.  It is a very powerful and very toxic drug but can be very helpful ln the treatment of arrythymias.

The really important thing is to make sure that your thyroid function  is monitored My husband was  on Amiodarone - the same drug.- and never had his thyroid checked even though he was being treated by a professor of Cardiology - and his thryoid was completely wiped out.  Only for our observant GP the ourcome could have been very serious.  As it is he is on thyroixine for the rest of his life.

• Posted

I am on Amiodarone, not one doc has ever bothered to check my thyroid. HUH. I did cut the dose to half during this year but the AF started again in September - hospital trip - so I eat one a day again and its all ok. - -  maybe, who knows.  
    • Posted

I had very high AF, now am on Verapamil . Now no AF, down to 60/75 . What a relief from racing pulse....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.