Cortisone injection

Posted , 4 users are following.

heres an update on my frozen shoulder  I have had this condition since dec 2014 on Sunday last had my third cortisone injection guided by mri scan the other two did nothing but this one has helped immensely it was very painful to have but at last I have relief am taking tramadol 3 times a day but the pain is so much better now. Am hoping it will continue as I am going on holiday in four weeks. I know the pain will return does anyone know how long the effects of this injection will last for ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Was this just cortisone or was it hydrodilatation?

Just the cortisone injection lasts different on everyone. My first 2 were done at doc office, first one didnt hurt at all but didnt work. The 2nd one hurt like hell but after.2 weeks gave me about 3 months of relief. And with physio i got lots of rom. Ive just had hydrodilatation which was the worst pain ever and ive got another 30 degrees of rom back, no backward rom in any of these.

though.

Debbie

• Posted

No it was definatly cortisone and yes it hurt like hell but now the pain is minimal I hope it lasts for 3 months that would be amazing x
  • Posted

Sorry I can't remember know but one good thing if you  keep using your arm the night mare of pain will be over, I keeped hanging towels on the line holding the one that didn't work on the line and passing it the towel so I could peg the corners, as I had a little one and exercise as much as you are aloud to do, it can get better. but it is alot of work and only do what the doctors tell you and you will get over it. it depends on how much pain you can take.

• Posted

HI,

I have had several cortisone injections the last being the end of January this year. It was also guided and yes it hurt like hell as they went in above and below. It lasted a month. Last week had Ultrasound to be told I have fluid and the supraspinatas is inflammed badly. Also on movement of my arm being raised it is catching so I think I may be heading for anther op. See the consultant Monday. As you have probably read I have endured this problem since Oct 2012. Enjoy your pain relief as you never know if it will continue or be the beginning of the end. I hope it is going to be the turning point for you. Enoy your holiday, hope it is somewhere warm 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind reply we are going on a med cruise hopefully it will be hot hope there's an end to your pain very soon ( gentle hugs) x
  • Posted

After having cortisone guided injection my pain is now manageable have cut my pain Meds  to just once a day when I get up in the morning it's pretty painful but the painkillers make me feel so sick so am trying to go without.had the injection four weeks ago this Sunday. The crippling pain has gone now and I am trying to use the arm more and more. Am going away in 10 days so hope I feel better by then 
  • Posted

Hi Lynn, Good to hear the coritsone injection has given you some relief. Lets hope this is the start of the end for you. I returne to my consultant the other Monday to endure another steroid injection done on the spot due to so much inflammation. If this does  not help then Iam heading for anther operation. I will do and have anything to get me out of this vile condition. Lets hope the pain relief for you gives you the pain free holiday you deserve. Sit back relax ans enjoy your cruise. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.