13 Replies

• Posted

I would like to know as well. I'm scheduled with a pain management physician to discuss this next month.
    • Posted

Dear jennifer16959,

I have been researching this now for weeks, my mother is getting the steroid injections next week and I want to know if it helps or does it make the pain worse. It is very hard to find this information.  I will keep trying and try and update you.

• Posted

Great, thank you. I believe someone told me they had worked for her.
    • Posted

hi HK3000, I have had 2 steroid injections for costo and they did give me some relief for a few weeks but then the pain started to come back. the GP didnt want to give me another dose. Apparantly 2 steroid injections are all you get, I dont think its the cost, its because too much steroid isnt good for you. Hope this helps. Thanks Michael
    • Posted

Hi Michael80037,

Thanks so much for your reply. There isnt much info out there about the injections and it helps to know of someone who has had it done.

Kind regards,

HK

• Posted

Hi were did you get your injection into and was it very painful
    • Posted

Hi sarahcog,

Steroid injections are available here in Vancouver, BC, Canada

• Posted

Hi saracog, I had my injection at the local GP practice and it was about 5 or 6 injectionds around the sternum. The injection itself wasnt painful but when the steroid got into the sternum joint it was quite sore but didnt last too long. Our local GP  in Sheffield England is qualified to do this kind of proceedure. if you cant find a GP in your area then look for a Rhumatologist (hope that is spelt correctly) who should know how to give the steroid. Thanks Michael
    • Posted

thanks Michael ive had several cortasone injections in elbows knees and shoulders so im used to them in joints but it seems strange in my upper chest Do you get the pain moving into your upper back as well as chest pain if you dont mind me asking 

• Posted

Hi saracog, yes I do get pain in my upper back infact it got so bad last year I had an MRI scan but nothing was found. The doctors say that pain in joints does and can radiate to different areas. Hope this helps. By the way I dont know about you but my costo always gets worse at this time of year. I wonder if the damp and cold air doesnt help.
    • Posted

well 4 weeks ago i had 6 injections into my chest, unfortunately i had a bad reaction and had to go on morphine for the pain. it seems to be getting a bit better now. i read somewhere that it only works 1 in 3 times. but i will still try to get more as i need to get back to work and earn some money. good luck
    • Posted

Hello chris theo,

Im glad to hear your feeling better. Thank you for your info on getting the injections, my mother will be getting them very soon and she is quite nervous and so Im trying to help her get as much info as possible. She is in sooo much pain, I hope this will help her a little bit.

Kind regards,

HK

• Posted

Hi Michael80037,

Thanks so much for your reply. There isnt much info out there about the injections and it helps to know of someone who has had it done.

Kind regards,

HK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.