Costochondritis and tiredness

Posted , 17 users are following.

Does anyone else notice fatigue along with this? I know that pain and inflammation can obviously cause fatigue, but I notice so much tiredness with this condition.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I thought this Costochondritis wasn't meant to last for a long period of time and should go away. Mines doesn't seem to be going away. It's strange this is inflammation of the rib joints etc yet my blood tests show no raised inflammation. My ribs are very tender to touch and yes if feel fatigued. I have started a new medication Amitriptyline only 10mg in the evening....
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean. Mine keeps dragging on and it's frustrating. My blood tests comeback the same and yet my entire chest wall and back is so tender and I can feel the inflammation. It tires me out.

Blood tests show nothing else, apart from low Vitamin D. Surely that can't be the cause? Either way, I am tired of waking up like this.

• Posted

All my blood tests have came back fine even the vitamin ones. I feel mentally and physically drained. It's so annoying to hear the doctor say it's just fibromyalgia and Costochondritis take these....I don't want to be on medication. Also there are many different illnesses that can mimic Fibromyalgia. Plenty of rest I've been told then once tested try not to be stressed and keep things minimal don't overdo it x
    • Posted

I understand completely. It is not nice to have to feel like you need to rest so much. I feel like all I do is rest and I am not sure how much good, if any, the rest is doing. Tired of feeling like an 80 year old. I just want my body to be okay again and have some energy and no inflammation.
    • Posted

And I can completely understand and sympathise with you too. I also feel the same. Each morning I wake I wonder where will hurt today. I am 43 but feel well aged. But embarrassing when you see someone older acting younger!! I have a six year old also a young grandson too so I can't just sleep when I feel like it like most people think you can or children amuse themselves and because your off work you shouldn't be tired. A woman never really rests until in bed at end of day....hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Oh my goodness...I am also 43! And I am exactly the same way, I wake everyday and wonder if today is going to be a good day or bad day. But even my good days are still with this chest tenderness and fatigue, albeit not as bad as other days. And yes, I know what you mean, I see older people speed walking and going here and there, and then I really wonder what is wrong with me. I hope you feel better soon too. Please check in from time to time. Not many can relate to me unfortunately. Thank you for replying x
    • Posted

Right now, Vitamin D tabs, paracetamol for pain and torodol for inflammation. More paracetamol more than anything. You?
  • Posted

Yes, I am only 39 but more sluggish than my parents who are well over 70.

I also have a mild temperature, which could contribute.

I think part of my fatigue comes from anxiety and the associated insomnia.

All my blood tests ever done we all fine and negative, except d dimers -- which is an inflammation marker but used to detect blood clots, which I was scanned for and found negative too. Has anyone seen this?

• Posted

Hi there. ..we sound very much alike...I have been to emerg with chest and back pains to be told costochondritis as well..blood work. .ekgs..all normal thankfully...but I suffer from bad anxiety. ..health related...and am beyond exhausted daily....
  • Posted

yes!  You cannot get a good breath. I am very tired and the slightest effort wears me out.  I am taking Tumeric - my dr. says to take 2000mg a day.  It helps with the inflamation. 
  • Posted

Hi all,

I am 25 and was diagnosed with Costo a while back which I was told was due to strain from running.

I feel tired most days, pain locally in the left side of my chest and the occassional nausea. I dont know if anybody else feels this along with theirs? I also noticed I cough a lot more than I did prior to all this. I have had chest xrays and nobody ever mentioned anything else but mine just seems to worsen without even doing anything physical.

Is that much the same for everyone?

Thanks.

Joe

• Posted

my chest pain seems to come and go in its intensity.  Some days it hurts more than other days, for seemingly no reason. It hurts when I cough or sneeze. My dr. told me that my ribs are full of arthritis and that my ribs can't move up and down, in and out, like they are supposed to. Thus, shortness of breath.. 
    • Posted

Gotcha. Yeah mine seems sometimes worse when im more tired. Do you get the nausea feeling at all? I always wonder if mine is something different all together.
  • Posted

Yes. I get nausea and dizziness.  I think part of it is lack of oxygen because my lungs can't inflate all the way. My rib cage doesn't move like it should. I have had all the heart tests and my heart is fine. 
    • Posted

Are you just living with it then? I love running so really want something done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.