cough for half a year

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a dry cough for half a year (no mucus or anything like that), i used to get chest pains which have gone,now i have neck pains and shoulder pains and keep getting bad headaches and now upper back pains. Im 17 years old and a non smoker. ive been to doctors and they give me an inhaler but it doesnt work. Please Help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I'm 18 and my chronic cough started when I was 18 as well. If the inhaler doesn't work you probably don't have asthma. By the way you are describing it, I'm thinking you should try to see a chiropractor. My dad was having unexplained symptoms once and it ended up being something in his back. I hope this works for you .

• Posted

When i was 17*. Had mine a year and four months. sad

• Posted

thx but the majority of the symptoms have gone and cough which used to be around 80-90 times a day is now 15. Also i did keep pigeons but i have been keeping away from the lately and everything is slowly going i think i'll wait till the cough drops to around 5 times a day then take ibruprofen and sell my pigeons. BTW Zuri how old r u now and how long has your cough gone on for

• Posted

Ugh about a year and four months now. I'm 18 years old. I'm not by any means saying yours will last this long. But the birds could be a problem. I just got rid of my bird because I got a test done that shows that "could" be the problem. If you want to know any more of the tests I've done just let me know. I could give you a list of things to try.

• Posted

Ok!!smile well the three main things doc will want to test you for are post nasal drip asthma and reflux. After that you could test for allergies. Especially food allergies I've seen a lot of people struggle with celiac's and not know they have it. Vocal cord dysfunction can also cause cough. My doc at first thought I had a "functional" cough since it started after I got pneumonia and ... it's a way of saying habit. They sent me to speech therapy for it but it didn't really help. I doubt you have a disease but I've gotten blood work just in case. I've had CT scans of my throat and lungs I guess just to see if anything would show up. You could also check for parasites ( I'm doing that right now). I've even gone to a psychiatrist but I bailed knowing i wasn't crazy. Walking pneumonia you might want to check... I had a chronic cough when I was 12 and it ended up being that. I think that's most of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.