Could Dairy be the key to unlocking your anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently added butter to my diet thinking it was a more healthy option than margarine. I then had IBS, constant pain in my stomach, really bad wind and constipation. I put it down to the butter and decided if butter was affecting me then maybe all dairy is affecting me. I cut out dairy altogether as well as gluten. 

The effects have been amazing. Not only is my digestive system now functioning correctly but I have stopped biting my nails and no longer get any of those unexplained lows I used to suffer. I generally feel much more relaxed. I am convinced that dairy is the cause of my life long struggle with anxiety. Do your own research online. There is plenty of evidence to link dairy with anxiety and how dairy is not as good for you as we are all lead to believe.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phil many thanks for this I dont eat much dairy but will try anything
  • Posted

I will look into this myself. What alternatives do you have? 
    • Posted

There are loads of alternatives to milk; hemp, koko, almond,soya. The only thing I missed was milk in tea but I use koko (coconut) instead. The taste is not so good but I am determined to avoid dairy. Again with butter or margarine there is either soya, sunflower or Almond butter. I haven't bothered replacing cheese. I made a cake the other day using the sunflower spread and rice flower. It tasted just like my old cakes only you have to cook it for longer and it ends up a bit dryer but the taste was spot on. Bread has also gone out the window.
    • Posted

I already have dairy free margarine but will try othe products. Thanks for your information. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.