Could I have Celiac's disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I suffer these symptoms and have for over 12 months.

Chronic stomach discomfort 4inch above naval.

Soft belly in the morning severe bloating by the end of the day.

Extreme fatigue.

Loose stools.

Terrible restless legs, especially in the evening.

Thanks

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I am currently under investigation and it's weird because I didn't think I had any symptoms but I do infect have fatigue and I get bad restless legs specially of a night!

I would go to your doctors explain your symptoms and ask them for a blood test.

Are you constantly tired? Doesn't matter how many hours sleep I get I constantly feel shattered!

• Posted

Hi jade. I am permanently shattered no matter how much sleep I have. I can sleep 10 hours and still feel drained.
  • Posted

Hi Jade. Do you have any of my symptoms besides restless legs and fatigue?

• Posted

No,

Its difficult because I was diagnosed with IBS years ago and I do believe I have it as sometimes certain foods give me stomach cramps other times it doesn't and also if I'm nervous/anxious/stressed I get IBS pains so looks like I've got that as well as coeliac.

I went to the doctors for another problem and she did a full blood test to rule everything out and it came back with a high antibody reading present in someone with coeliac I was then sent for a gastroscopy and the biopsies were all consistent with coeliac I'm waiting for my follow up appointment now.

• Posted

Thanks for the information Jade.
  • Posted

Restless legs are a sign of magnesium deficiency. People with coeliac disease become deficient in vitamins and minerals. My husband has CD and has to still have daily supplements of calcium (for sleep apnoea & osteoporosis), magnesium, Vitamin B
  • Posted

... also zinc and probiotics. Try taking calcium in the morning at breakfast and morning tea. . and the magnesium in late afternoon and/or in the evening. As well as sleep problems, vitamin and mineral deficiencies cause many other problems including brain fog, memory loss, mental problems (depression/anxiety etc). But you may want to wait until after you have your tests when you can go on a gluten free diet so the vitamins & minerals can be digested properly..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.