Could it be a varicocele?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm James, I'm 15 years old and have no underlying health conditions. About 4 hours ago I discovered a dull mild discomfort in my left testicle, at first I left it alone but after an hour I decided to check them to see if anything was wrong. Whilst checking I could feel a lumpy, squiggly thing down the side of my left testicle that hurt when I touched it, but I found nothing on the right testicle. I searched up some of my symptoms on the internet and started thinking it could be a varicocele because I'm young and it occurs on the left testicle. I don't know if I'm right but I don't know what else it could be. Should I leave it or go and see my GP? Would be grateful for some help. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi James! Whilst I am sure Dr Spock is right, I do think it is advisable to visit your GP. At least then, if it is an infection he/she can confirm this and prescribe a course of antibiotics. smile
  • Posted

Hey James.  It is probably varicocele, but you should go to the doctor and get it checked out just to be safe.  In the meantime, you should try using a penis health creme that contains Vitamin C.  Vitamin C is great for the veins and may really help with some of your symptoms.  Hope this helps.  And go see the doctor!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.