Could it be MS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone before being diagnosed been told that it is psychological and diagnosed with Conversion Disorder? My symptoms seem to keep coming and going and I just have gave up on telling my doctor all he says is lose weight. Iv had all my vitals checked and they all came back normal. Was not able to walk for 1 month in October and after that attack my balance is awful and I'm constantly forgetting things/Saying the wrong thing and 3 days out of the month I'm pretty much wheelchair bound. Being diagnosed with CD doesn't even go with everything that I'm dealing with. CD usually goes away and usually never returns so I'm just confused.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Alexander, have you been given MRI's and had a lumbar puncture sample examined? While no one on here can categorically tell you anything, of course, many people have been given all types of diagnoses before finally being diagnosed with MS...?!
    • Posted

Yes I have had 2 Spinal Taps. The first one the proteins were off a tad bit and then the second one they said it was normal. Have had MRIs on my brain and upper back and everything came back positive.
    • Posted

Well, unfortunately, when people with MS are in remission, particularly in the earlier stages, there can be recovery, to the point where LP samples, or MRI results can give a false negative, you can see how so many of us aren't diagnosed for ages. Keep a written/typed record of what's happening to you. I must day, I think that conversion disorder sounds like a bit of a 'get out of jail free' diagnosis to me, a cop out, if ever there was one!
    • Posted

Yes that's what I do now. I feel the same way about conversion disorder. I've ever read that psychiatrists even don't believe in it that's it just away to comp out for not doing their job. All my doctor says is lose weight talk to someone. Hate to get another doctor but you have to do what you have to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.