Could my cellulitis be cause by Lyme disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a tick bite in April removed by nurse it never went red. 4 days ago suddlenly had terrible pain in foot hot red and swollen.Practice nurse said it was cellulitis and prescribed antibiotics, these have helped but now my leg feels twitchy and tingly and pain in heel. Also have a fungal nail treating with lacquer from doctor using since June the skin around the nail is red and infammed and was broken, nurse says Ok.  Anyone else out there with anything similar.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

A lot of cellulitis is casued by insect bites and other breaks in the skin, so it'd make sense that the tick bite would be the cause, not Lyme's disease (have they checked to see if you have it?). As your skin is broken it might be an idea to wash the area with an antibiotic soap - I get Dermol 500 on prescription.
    • Posted

Thanks for that, I am taking a letter to day to ask for test.  How long did it take you to get over cellulitis?
    • Posted

Last time 4-5 days in hospital on IV antibiotics and then perhaps 2 or 3 weeks afterwards to start feeling better. However, it was a different cause for the cellulitis.
  • Posted

Hi susan i got the same thing i got bit by a spider about 8weeks ago now and had to have a operation on it from that i took cellulitus out of it and have been on 5 anitbiotics which still isnt helping,was at dr again and he is referring me back to surgeon but have to wait 4 months for a app
  • Posted

Hi Susan16743,

Did you get bit in the heel or back of your foot?

Ladyjack51

• Posted

No I got it in the chest area, am taking a letter to doctor today to ask for test.  How long did it take you to get over cellulitis?
    • Posted

So...you got bit in the chest area. Why would that give you cellulitis in the foot? If anything you would probably get it from the swollen broken skin on the foot that you speak of. To me, it sounds unrelated but I'm not a Dr of course. You definitely have something going with that foot being red and swollen...circulation maybe? Lymphoedema maybe? Do you have any diabetes issues? Have they checked for a blood clot? It's kind of crazy that they don't seem to know. But, not surprising to me really since no one diagnosed me correctly as having lymphedema for almost 4 years. But keep seeking help...you're going to run into someone soon that will get it right! Bless your heart...keep us posted! Ladyjack51

• Posted

hi susan i still have mine and have had it now about 6 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.