Could these figures mean hypothyroidism?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Free t3: 5.1

Free t4: 15

TSH: 1.1

I really hope someone can help because my doctors are denying treatment but i show all the symptoms of hypothyroidism! Thanks smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im currently taking BCP could that skew my values?
  • Posted

Can you Google to see what you can find ? I not good with remembering the # thing. Sorry b
  • Posted

Hi Rick, sorry to hear you are suffering various symptoms you feel may be linked to hypothyroidism however, your test results seem to all be within range.

TSH = THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE

This hormone comes from the pituitary to stimulate the thyroid gland into making more hormone. TSH rises when the thyroid is struggling.

The approx. reference range for this test is 0.4 to 4.5.

TT4 = TOTAL T4

Thyroid hormones bound to proteins. TT4 lowers when the thyroid is struggling.

The approx. reference range for this test is 50 to 160.

FT4 = FREE T4

Thyroid hormones not bound to proteins. FT4 lowers when the thyroid is struggling.

The approx. reference range for this test is 10 to 24

FT3 = FREE T3

T4 converts to T3 and is the only thyroid hormone actually used by the body's cells.

The approx. reference range for Free T3 is 4 to 8.3

You don't mention what symptoms you have? There are many conditions which have very similar symptoms therefore further blood tests and investigations are possibly required. I do hope you manage to find out what is causing your symptoms. All the best x

• Posted

Try eating protein based foods like eggs nut and organic chicken!

Don't eat 

Cabbage 

Broccoli 

Cauliflower

Carrots 

Turnip 

This is because it's most probably hashimotos disease which is where the immune system attacks the thyroid I fixed my fiancee thyroid this way see if it works for you? Anything is worth a try. My fiancee was going to have to go for a biopsy and when we went back after 4 weeks her thyroid was normal!   

My step sister is a medic so I get a lot of my information from her!

• Posted

Hi Rick, 

Your situation is very typical. If you aren't getting support from your doctor, find one who is supportive.

Thyroid disease is elusive because it only presents as expected by protocol in the early stages of thyroid disease. Unfortunately, while bloodwork shows by the book in the early stages, the disease can progress and the body will shut down other functions in order to try and maintain thyroid levels. 

Also, the other thing to consider is the treatment protocol is not particularly successful, which you'll see by reading through the many posts here.

So it's worthwhile at this point to research supplements on your own, while you're working on getting the medical help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.