Could these symptoms caused by anxiety or is it something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! Sorry in advance for my bad English. So here we go. I am 19 years old girl and up until now i never had any kind of health problems. I get my blood tests done every year and they always come back good. For about 4-5 months I have these flickering vision problems. It feels like a quick blink. I don't have any headaches. My eyes don't hurt either. About once or twice a day a I get these weird shiny spots in my vision. For about a 10 days now I have had a weird tingling sensation in my spine that runs down to my legs and sometimes arms. This tingling sensation doesn't last too much it comes and goes. I don't have any muscle twitching, weakness or pain. Also I should mention that I am an extremly anxious person. I freak out quite easily and I am a hypochondriac too. Even though I am aware about my hypochondria I don't think I am making up these symptoms. The tingling sensation in my extremities get's worse when I am worried or when I am having a panic attack. But I get them even when I am calm. I am too afraid to go to a doctor because my mind just freaks out and in those moments I am able to imagine that I have some uncurable, lethal disease. Maybe it's just how my body reacts to stress or maybe there is really something wrong with me. Thank you in advance. Sorry for my post being so long. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi  Mellisa   with all these different symptoms, i would suggest that you visit your doctor as soon as possible because it could a number of various ailments or it could be nothing and just that you are just very anxious,doctor's visit is the best option

• Posted

I totally understand how you feel I'm dealing with my own health anxiety my eyes as well in my case I feel like I have something in my eye or my vision gets cloudy along with a twitch been to the eye Dr twice all was good but I would see your gp are you on any meds if so check the side effects best of luck to you

• Posted

You may be afraid to go to a doctor, but with this mix of symtoms it is best you do. Get a friend or family member to go with you the first time. Sometimes we just need someone to hold our hand and lend a second ear to what the doctor says.

You're torturing yourself with your mind freaking out anyway, whether you go or not. And who knows, he will probably just put your mind at ease, run a few tests and come up with a zero-worry conclusion. Lo! Empty mind!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.