Could this be a Brain Tumor or just anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, for the past few days I've noticed minor speech slurring, if you could even call it that. For example I called hand sanitiser "sand hanitiser". Very minor, right away my anxiety has shot up, I suffer from chronic anxiety, which is most likely worsening or going to worsen symptoms. I have a friend in the medical field who told me this is what every human does, I'm just noticing it more due to my heightened senses due to anxiety. I've asked friends and family if they notice any speech issues and they all have said I sound exactly normal. Am I just overreacting from something that happens to everyone or is this an alarming sign? That minor symptom of messing up a word is all that I have, no headaches or fatigue or anything. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You've really answered your own question. You are overreacting. Everyone gets words wrong now and again and you have absolutely no other symptoms. If you had a brain tumour you would be experiencing headaches, dizziness and all sorts of other unpleasant symptoms, which you are not. Go to your doctor and get your anxiety issues sorted out, there is medication that can be prescribed for that which is very effective.

• Posted

Hi, thank you very much for the response, I've called my family doctor as well as my old counselor and am going to go fix my anxiety!

• Posted

I think that's very sensible. I honestly believe that the only thing wrong with you is the anxiety issue. I think that once that is under control you'll be fine. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.