Could vertigo be caused by working in a high building?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I started a new job just over 3 weeks ago on the 7th floor of a building. I take the lift a few times a day- it's a very fast lift! At around the same time I started getting what I can describe as motion sickness- like you get when you've been on a boat. It happens often and sometimes on weekends when I've not been at work. I feel like the ground is moving and a bit lightheaded and dizzy. I of course related this to using the lift but now I'm wondering if that's just coincidence? It's quite disconcerting and I don't want it to affect my work.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Look up mal de debarquement . I have this too, after going on a boat, or riding elevators on vacation. I can stay dizzy for weeks, even after stopping the elevator or being away from a boat. Ask your dr if a motion sickness med will help. Otherwise, you may have to consider all those stairs.

My neuro tells me I have a very sensitive vestibular system.

• Posted

It's called motion sickness. I used to get this but it went away after taking medicine for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.